The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Serious answers only please.
Reply 2
What sort of noise? Like a fart?
...Bowel sounds? Tummy grumbling? Passing wind?
Reply 4
Eat something like a banana in a morning to stop yourself being hungry. Lay of foods that cause flatulence and buy a pack of wind ease tablets.
Reply 5
sensible replies only please
Reply 6
Original post by reedA93
Eat something like a banana in a morning to stop yourself being hungry. Lay of foods that cause flatulence and buy a pack of wind ease tablets.

ive tried that, before a 2hour lesson in the morning. damn thing starts rumbling after 60/90 mins

try drinking activia or something, sounds like you have an imbalance in your intestinal flora causing excess gas.

anxiety can also stimulate the nerve that controls it all, i used to fart out of control until my g.p said it was the nerve being activated from emotional turmoil. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by tania<3
...Bowel sounds? Tummy grumbling? Passing wind?

Original post by Red Fox
What sort of noise? Like a fart?

Original post by Ladders
ive tried that, before a 2hour lesson in the morning. damn thing starts rumbling after 60/90 mins

try drinking activia or something, sounds like you have an imbalance in your intestinal flora causing excess gas.

anxiety can also stimulate the nerve that controls it all, i used to fart out of control until my g.p said it was the nerve being activated from emotional turmoil. :biggrin:

It's like say your stomach grumbling, except this is in your ass if you get me? Not passing wind.
IBS? Irritable bowel syndrome? Not too sure OP , if it's bothering you a lot, head to the GP
Reply 9
Stay off the fizzy drinks.
Reply 10
Original post by This Honest
IBS? Irritable bowel syndrome? Not too sure OP , if it's bothering you a lot, head to the GP

All the G.P told me was to go and get myself some mangoes, and i eat a lot of fruit. I also have had an endoscopy and basically it showed nothing wrong.
Reply 11
Original post by Entangled
Stay off the fizzy drinks.

I stopped drinking them.
Reply 12
How often do you go to the toilet (for a number 2)?
Reply 13
Original post by -aTOMic-
How often do you go to the toilet (for a number 2)?

atleast twice a day.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
When it's quiet my wierd noises come out of my abdomen/ass area, and it's so embarrasing.

Anyone else get this? How do i stop this?

thanks

Can you record it ? I want to hear

Is it slithery fart?
Reply 15
Original post by Tim2341
Can you record it ? I want to hear

Is it slithery fart?

It's like your grumbling.

Say you hold in air in your ass and you don't release it, it makes like a grumbling noise.

No products have so far helped me.

Say you hold in air in your ass and you don't release it, it makes like a grumbling noise.

Strange...

You need to see your GP again.
Reply 17

Could it be because of anal prolapse? Wonder if it's to do with the anal sphinter?
I'd go to the doctors again, don't be embarrassed, it's better than putting up with the noise and affecting your quality of life. Doctors sometimes get things wrong, so keep going back.

Find a forum or support group for intestinal disorders and ask on their forum whether anyone knows what this is.
(edited 10 years ago)
Your anal region is inflamed?
I have this problem sometimes after I eat unhealthy food or something. I find Ribena covers up the sound and kinda stops it then when I get home obviously do your business. I don't know why it does but it does or some kind of juice, it's stops your stomach rumbling too.

Latest