problem creating website title/logo on photoshop?

Watch
rachey93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So i've created a logo/title for my porfolio website and also for my blog using photoshop. However the quality is awful, the backgroud is white but when I upload it to my blog and website its looks grey in a certain light. Also the text itself is very blurry, in general the whole thing looks pretty bad quality once uploaded to my portfolio site and blog.

I'm thinking this might be because i've saved it as a JPEG? If this is the case what should I save it as? or what are the correct settings (resolution, size etc) for creating photoshop documnets to be uploaded to the web?

I can use photoshop at an okay/basic level atm

would be so gratful for your help guys

x
Meaux
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For logos, you're best using illustrator as it works with vectors instead of pixels. This eliminates the image distortion you're getting. Jpeg should be fine to be honest. Could you link the website with the image so I could have a look?
sabian92
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rachey93)
So i've created a logo/title for my porfolio website and also for my blog using photoshop. However the quality is awful, the backgroud is white but when I upload it to my blog and website its looks grey in a certain light. Also the text itself is very blurry, in general the whole thing looks pretty bad quality once uploaded to my portfolio site and blog.

I'm thinking this might be because i've saved it as a JPEG? If this is the case what should I save it as? or what are the correct settings (resolution, size etc) for creating photoshop documnets to be uploaded to the web?

I can use photoshop at an okay/basic level atm

would be so gratful for your help guys

x
(Original post by Meaux)
For logos, you're best using illustrator as it works with vectors instead of pixels. This eliminates the image distortion you're getting. Jpeg should be fine to be honest. Could you link the website with the image so I could have a look?
I'd use PNG to be honest instead.
Jam'
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Save it as a PNG
Meaux
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I should note that PNG colour will be every so slightly different.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
PNG is a good file format to use for websites.
rachey93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Meaux)
thanks, yeah I was thinkin maybe I should try illustrator, heres a link the site

http://nicholasquires.wix.com/nichol...research/c13ay

it just looks very pixilated and unclear, its really irritating me! haha
Limoncello
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if you want send me the psd for it and ill work it out.
manderton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the lines are far too thin - 1px wide which is why you get the jagged lines.

You need to give it some thickness to make it less apparent.

and if i'm being totally honest in my opinion it is far too tall and generally ugly. . . letters not level and uneven heights.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manderton)
the lines are far too thin - 1px wide which is why you get the jagged lines.

You need to give it some thickness to make it less apparent.

and if i'm being totally honest in my opinion it is far too tall and generally ugly. . . letters not level and uneven heights.
I don't think the problem is how thin the letters are per se, because I've seen fonts that think that look fine. The issue is more to do with the fact that, contrary to fonts which are based on vectors, the resolution and compression (that logo is screaming JPEG) of that raster image exacerbates the issue of its thickness. There are several ways you could solve the problem (such as using a higher quality JPEG compression, or PNG) but to be perfectly honest, as Manderton said, I'm not too keen on the logo itself. I

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chrosson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rachey93)
thanks, yeah I was thinkin maybe I should try illustrator, heres a link the site

http://nicholasquires.wix.com/nichol...research/c13ay

it just looks very pixilated and unclear, its really irritating me! haha
You need to use PNG.
http://lbrandy.com/blog/2008/10/my-f...last-webcomic/
StatusRed
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always prefer using Portable Network Graphics (PNG) images on websites. It allows for transparency for a start and uses lossless compression, in contrast to JPEG's lossy compression, meaning that you loose image quality.
pinkycat16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it's nice, I really like it. If you want good quality when you start writing your logo pick a big resolution for the new file/background. So it'salready big enough and won't be pixilated. But it looks nice tho.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (141)
14.29%
I'm not sure (42)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (296)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.63%
I'm not a current university student (482)
48.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed