The Student Room Group

Is it sad to go camping on your own?

Hey guys

I love camping in the lake district but no one i know is free to go anytime soon. Im thinking of just going on my own for a week, camping up a mountain for that entire time and bringing enough food and supplies with me etc. ive done it before but with someone and it was awesome. But is it a bit sad and pathetic to do iton your own?

What are views?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Yes, get some friends.
Pathetic to who?

If you want to go by yourself, go and enjoy the time alone. There's nothing wrong with it and if people do find a reason to complain about it then it says more about them than you really.
Given the location personally I would not go alone. Purely a safety thing rather then anything else.

But camping on your own if you like the outdoors. Why not.
it could be awesome actually. I'd reccomend taking plenty of weed and other mindbending substances with you and just enjoying the **** out of nature. A week might be a bit long if you ask me but a few days of just total alone time in the wild? I'd love it.
(edited 10 years ago)
brave?
Original post by justforlolz
Hey guys

I love camping in the lake district but no one i know is free to go anytime soon. Im thinking of just going on my own for a week, camping up a mountain for that entire time and bringing enough food and supplies with me etc. ive done it before but with someone and it was awesome. But is it a bit sad and pathetic to do iton your own?

What are views?

if a bear ate you in your tent, no one would know
Reply 7
I'd definitely take a friend at least, for obvious reasons.
Reply 8
Original post by cosimakarateman
if a bear ate you in your tent, no one would know

Theres no wild bears in england bro
No, it's not sad at all.
Reply 10
Original post by CJG21
Yes, get some friends.

FU
Reply 11
You're Michael Scott in "Survivor Man".

[video]http://sharesix.com/bsmyugmvh1ft[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
I do it whenever I can. Just take a book and enjoy the night sky :smile:
Reply 13
Never knew people camped alone. :s-smilie:
I would totally do that. I think you should, nothing wrong with it. :smile:
Reply 15
I wouldn't actively tell people I went camping on my own, it's acceptable and I imagine its extremely peaceful
Theres no wild bears in england bro
ok, chavs from the local council estate then. haven't you seen that camping film Eden Lake
Hey guys

What are views?

It's pretty funny that you were hyping to others on another thread and said 'do you even lift bro', now you make this thread :facepalm2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Absolutely not. Go for it!

It's a sad state of affairs when it's socially unacceptable to do anything outside of "clubbing/cinema with friends".
Depends if you think you'd get lonely? Don't worry about whether others think it's "sad" - if it makes you happy, do it but if you think that you'd get bored/scared/lonely etc, don't. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest