The Student Room Group

Star Wars vs. Harry Potter vs. The Lord of the Rings - Hurt/Heal Game

For those of you who are not familiar with how hurt/heal games work, basically each of these franchises will start off with 30 points, and you can choose to "hurt" or "heal" any of them by adding or subtracting points, and you have 3 points in total.

For example, you might add two points to Lord of the Rings and subtract one point from Harry Potter, or instead you could give all 3 to Star Wars. Indicate your contribution to the game in brackets next to the relevant choices in your posts e.g. (+2) (-1) (+3) etc. Once one reaches 100 points it wins the game and receives an overall "game point". Then the game will be reset. (thank you for your suggestions on this matter :biggrin:)

Leaderboard (Game Points):

Harry Potter - 3
The Lord of the Rings - 1
Star Wars - 0

You may only post once a day so that things don't get too one sided, and your points reset at midnight.

May the best franchise win!
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Star Wars - 30
Harry Potter - 33
The Lord of the Rings - 30
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I think it would be better if you had to +1 to one franchise but - 1 from another, otherwise people could just add. Especially with popular franchises like these, as if anyone could hate one.

Star wars - 30
Harry potter - 34
Lord of the Rings - 32
Reply 3
Star Wars - 30
Harry Potter - 37
Lord Of The Rings - 32
The only thing I like in lotr is golum. He is on par with Yoda in terms of iconic status. The rest is nothing special. Star Wars has the greatest and most iconic villain, and possibly character, of all time in Darth Vader. Then you have Han Solo (Harrison Ford going on to be in probably the best bunch of films by ANY actor in history). Although I enjoyed LOTR somewhat, The Empire Strikes Back is better than all LOTR and has stood the test of time. I just don't think they are in the same ballpark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Star Wars - 30
Harry Potter - 36 (-1)
Lord Of The Rings - 34 (+2)
Star Wars - 30
Harry Potter - 38
Lord Of The Rings - 33
Reply 7
Star Wars - 30
Harry Potter - 41 (+3)
Lord Of The Rings - 33
Reply 8
Star Wars - 30
Harry Potter - 41
Lord Of The Rings - 36 (+3)
Reply 9
Star Wars - 33 (+3)
Harry Potter - 41
Lord Of The Rings - 36

How has no one voted star wars yet!?
Star Wars - 33
Harry Potter - 41
Lord Of The Rings - 39 (+3)
Star Wars - 36 (+3)
Harry Potter - 41
Lord Of The Rings - 39

Man Star Wars needs some love...

EDIT: OP, there is a flaw in this game, in the sense that the 3 chosen series are all extremely good, and it is likely that none of them will reach 0, so as a change in rules, the first one to win is the first to reach 100, then reset that one to 30 again, whilst recording one win for that particular series, and continue on?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Star Wars - 33
Harry Potter - 41
Lord Of The Rings - 39 (+3)
Star Wars - 30 (-3)
Harry Potter - 41
Lord Of The Rings - 42
Star Wars - 31 (+1)
Harry Potter - 39 (-2)
Lord Of The Rings - 42
If I'm keeping count correctly, the score should now be: