Universities frittering away their money!!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
shazza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Have any of you noticed their uni spending money on silly things?? Like Trent have just put a plasma screen in the Waverley building canteen, which is also used as the gallery. But why!!! It has not been used!! ok we may use it when our exhibition is their but we would use a normal screen, and it isn't that important to show anything on a screen anyway!! With all this about tuition fees, I don't like to see money going on silly things like that!!

(post 300, yay!)
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by shazza)
Have any of you noticed their uni spending money on silly things?? Like Trent have just put a plasma screen in the Waverley building canteen, which is also used as the gallery. But why!!! It has not been used!! ok we may use it when our exhibition is their but we would use a normal screen, and it isn't that important to show anything on a screen anyway!! With all this about tuition fees, I don't like to see money going on silly things like that!!

(post 300, yay!)
Maybe they just want it for the money.
shazza
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
For an example of money wasting, you can't beat Orange's 800 Aztec West building. Plasma TVs, pool tables, table football, pointless sculptures.... no wonder mobile phone bills are so bloody expensive.

Unis are a mickey take sometimes though. Tuition fees agogo and they still charge people for printouts in some places!
Nottingham Trent for example!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
34.09%
No (520)
65.91%

Watched Threads