Rachelmclaughlin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there was anybody else studying Psychology at Newman University starting this September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
cassini27
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Rachel - I am considering starting the same course, how is it going for you? Do you rate the Uni?
Hope it is going well chick!
Rachelmclaughlin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey sorry about the late reply! The course at Newman is really good in my opinion. Because it is a small university, there is lots of support available. There is also a head start course you can attend two weeks before your course starts in order to help you settle in and get a head start! Are you starting at Newman or a different uni? I love uni, I'll be going into my second year in September. The only advice I'd give to you is to try to do the recommended reading, it's where most of your learning will come from, most of the time if you don't do it, you'll be confused in lectures! Xx
(Original post by cassini27)
Hi Rachel - I am considering starting the same course, how is it going for you? Do you rate the Uni?
Hope it is going well chick!
cassini27
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey Rachel thanks for reply

Well I am a way off starting yet, I am starting access (hopefully) next month at Bham Met with a view to take Psychology next year. Newman offer a 4 year part time which attracts me because I have to work during the course. I had read in some threads here that people had never heard of it (I guess it's size would explain that though!)

Are you local or have you moved to study there?

Thanks for the advice and best of luck with your course
Rachelmclaughlin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
That's okay! Aw good luck with your access course!
I'm studying full time psychology at Newman and work part time on the weekend which isn't too bad.

Yeah, not many people know about it, to be honest, I'm from Birmingham and I didn't know about it until I started researching courses!

I commute to Newman. It takes me about an hour and a half on a good day and two busses. It's not too bad and in my eyes it's totally worth travelling there each day. The halls at Newman aren't the best, quite outdated decor and quite unappealing so that wasn't an option for me. But Newman is worth the travelling as it's such a good uni. Lots if support and lots of facilities.

(Original post by cassini27)
Hey Rachel thanks for reply

Well I am a way off starting yet, I am starting access (hopefully) next month at Bham Met with a view to take Psychology next year. Newman offer a 4 year part time which attracts me because I have to work during the course. I had read in some threads here that people had never heard of it (I guess it's size would explain that though!)

Are you local or have you moved to study there?

Thanks for the advice and best of luck with your course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?