The Student Room Group

Need help with my NVQ Level 2 Business Admin Assignment for Apprenticeship

Hi I recently started an apprenticeship and have an assignment to complete but im finding it hard to complete the first question which says: Outline guidelines, procedures and codes of practice that are relevant to personal work. (Guidelines are ‘rules’ that explain to you how you should behave at work and how you should do a job in the right way). Any help on how to answer this question?? It has to relate to Business Administration
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!
Reply 2
Hi,
I'm studying the same thing at the moment and I am struggling with this question as well.
Procedures would be related to the company you work for and there ways of doing things. For example, answering the telephone, filing systems, stationery ordering. If you write about some of your job tasks and the specific way the company likes you to do them.
Codes of practice - were you given a staff handbook when starting your job? This helped me a lot, it is pretty much their policies on health and safety, equality and diversity, data protection. If you read through them and relate it to some of your job task

I hope this helps.

Cassie
Reply 3
I would say the same as Cassie to that one.

If you need anymore help let me know as I've just completed the Level 2 Business and Admin qualification
Reply 4
Thanks guys I've already finished that unit and now working on another one. It is Unit 204: Communicate in a Business Environment and the question is "Explain reasons for knowing the audience to whom the communication is being presented" Any ideas?
Reply 5
Hi

If you understand the audience then it is easier to find the most effective and efficient way of communicating your message e.g. work in a school? Parents are the target so write an announcement on the weekly newsletter, work in an office? send a memo out to the team of people you directly manage, have a meeting with Directors the next day? send an email with documents attached for up to date info prior to your meeting etc hope this helps
Reply 6
Original post by AmyLFitz

If you need anymore help let me know as I've just completed the Level 2 Business and Admin qualification

Hi, I have currently been employed as an apprentice and will be completing the Level 2 Business and Admin qualification, and just wanted to know how you found it personally?
Also, I know my apprenticeship is for 12 months, is this how long the qualification will take to complete?

Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by 12Galaxy
Hi, I have currently been employed as an apprentice and will be completing the Level 2 Business and Admin qualification, and just wanted to know how you found it personally?
Also, I know my apprenticeship is for 12 months, is this how long the qualification will take to complete?

Thanks

I started my apprenticeship in March this year and I have 15 months to complete. When I filled in all the paperwork with my college assessor and employer they decided that this would be plenty of time. If you complete it between 12-15months they can sign you off as finished.

If you need any help with any of your units feel free to message me.

Cassie
Reply 8
Hi, i really need ur help.
i have submitted unit 1, 3 times and my tutor is just sending it back to me to resubmit it, on section 3, Q2, i dont know the answer and she advised me to ask a manager but im not working, i dont have someone to ask, can you help me please?

Original post by AmyLFitz

Reply 9
Hi Sarah,

Which question do you need help with?
Reply 10
Original post by CassieN91
Hi Sarah,

Which question do you need help with?

Thank you very much for your reply.

This question:
Using two specific examples, explain how to choose the most appropriate method of communication to meet your needs and needs of others.

This question is driving me crazy, please help me.
Thanks.
Reply 11
Original post by Sarah0121
Thank you very much for your reply.

This question:
Using two specific examples, explain how to choose the most appropriate method of communication to meet your needs and needs of others.

This question is driving me crazy, please help me.
Thanks.

Hi

I'm on the Level 2 Business Admin Course too and I'm not working either. I've almost finished it. Have you tried googling the question and re read he notes for the particular section. You will find the answers. Just make sure you don't copy it use it to help you answer the question. If you need anymore help reply.
Reply 12
I'm struggling to get started with my first unit - Use and Maintain Office Equipment, any suggestions?
What did you write, where did you get the information from? How did you set it out?

Thanks
How long did it take you lot to get your apprenticeship? And what is it like. I'm currently trying to get one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should be sent set assignments by your tutor. I'm doing an online course Level 2 Business Admin and get my assignments from my personal study area once i log in to the site. I'm currently doing my final assignment.

If you need help please message me. =)
Accounting / Management Studies / Finance / Banking Tutor with an Exceptional Ability to Transfer Knowledge

I tutor undergraduate Accounting students, specializing in Financial Accounting 1 and 2, and Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2. On a case-by-case basis, I tutor upper-level accounting courses. I also teach in group settings at discounted rates.For one-on-one sessions, I offer completely individualized tutoring - according to to my student's strengths and weaknesses. You'll find that I have a unique ability to assess your knowledge gaps and develop ways to close those gaps. Reach out for help. '

I often find that students are not afraid to talk to me, but they won’t talk to their instructors for help. But you should! Instructors are there to help not just with topics, but they can help you if you have questions about how to find information you need for the class (where’s it’s located in ANGEL or if you’re seeking additional information on the topic).

“I am willing to teach but you must be willing and ready to learn.” If you reach out to ask for help, it shows me (and other instructors) that you want to learn!
Reply 16
Can you help me? I'm having difficulty with Prepare how to communicate in a business enviroment
Hi I've just started my business admin course and stuck already would some one help me please, the question is, describe the the communication requirements of different audiences?
Hello i am struggling to fill in the gaps for my PTLS I have only one question to complete before I end my apprntiship tomorrow (09/07/15)

Please can any one help withe the criteia below?

Act as an advocate for views and beliefs that may differ from your own.
Original post by Shaunaclarkxxx
Hi I've just started my business admin course and stuck already would some one help me please, the question is, describe the the communication requirements of different audiences?

Easy.

Think of the various groups you deal with within administration and then the type of information required. You could essentially set it up like a list.

Quick Reply