Need help with my NVQ Level 2 Business Admin Assignment for Apprenticeship

Watch
meganhedges18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did you get the answer for this question?
summer_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hello please please can someone help me please on unit 202 outcome 3 ? the question is provide final documents in the appropriate medium for authorized readers.
kol6
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you completed unit 213? Im struggling with the questions especially 1.1 and 1.6
nicole07415
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
- Describe organisational policies, procedures and levels of authority in maintaining supplies
Stationary is organised by the admin staff. We often refill the stationary cupboard which contains everything from note pads and post it notes to staples and envelopes. This cupboard is organised neatly and it is clear when an item is running low. Another cupboard stores paper, printed paper for the ****** broachers and USB’s and drives, the admin staff are also responsible for this.
Drives, keyboards and other expensive equipment is bought when it is needed so that personal can’t take this equipment without informing the admin staff.
- Explain the factors to take into account when ordering stationery
When ordering stationary it is important to order an appropriate amount, the supplier and the type also need to be considered. When ordering stationary as we are a small company, only small amounts need to be bought, such as one box of 50 pens would be appropriate if there was a shortage on pens in the stationary cupboard. The brand of stationary is important, going for cheap brands can often make the stationary fragile which is not good, but also buying pens that are expensive is pointless, so the correct balance between quality and price must be decided upon. The availability of items when ordering contributes of where to buy the item from. If an item is urgent then ordering it from somewhere which is temporarily out of stock is unwise. When the delivery date is, is also a factor to be considered as a closer delivery date is a more preferred option. Finding the cheapest value for price is important so some suppliers have discounts for bulk orders and often phoning up the company to find out is the route you have to take. When suppliers give discounts on orders it is a preferred supplier. Also if ordering multiple types of stationary then you do not necessarily need to order all of one item from one supplier. Varying suppliers to find the best quality item of what you need is preferred, so buying from more than one supplier is an option.
nicole07415
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kol6)
Have you completed unit 213? Im struggling with the questions especially 1.1 and 1.6
Look at what i have posted above - this is what i wrote exactly and passed.
Whitefire16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am stuck on -

2.1 Identify the nature, purpose, audience and use of the information to be communicated.

, i have no idea what to put. Please help
Whitefire16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bhead26)
Can any one help me. I have just started my apprenticeship and i am stuck on 2.1 - Identify the nature, purpose, audience and use of theinformation to be communicated. I dont feel like i can talk to my tutor, and would rather just do the job rather then do the course.
I am also struggling with this one, did you get the answer? I am in need of the help. I just have no ideas on what i should answer.
kol6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by meganhedges18)
Did you get the answer for this question?
no i never. Do you have any ideas please or are you struggling too? :/
kol6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Whitefire16)
I am also struggling with this one, did you get the answer? I am in need of the help. I just have no ideas on what i should answer.
"Many documents are wrote differently depending on who their target audience is, such as if there was a document which the target audience was children, the document would be wrote simple worded, colourful, bright and bold with plenty of pictures in the writing. On the other hand, if the target audience was adults it would be wrote in a more formal way, going into depth and detail. These documents would both be wrote on the same topic but worded differently and more appropriate for that specific target audience"
That's what i wrote and it was accepted. Please don't copy word for word. Hope it helps, any more questions just ask
Whitefire16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kol6)
"Many documents are wrote differently depending on who their target audience is, such as if there was a document which the target audience was children, the document would be wrote simple worded, colourful, bright and bold with plenty of pictures in the writing. On the other hand, if the target audience was adults it would be wrote in a more formal way, going into depth and detail. These documents would both be wrote on the same topic but worded differently and more appropriate for that specific target audience"
That's what i wrote and it was accepted. Please don't copy word for word. Hope it helps, any more questions just ask
Hi, thank you for the reply, it gives me a great starting point to come up with my own answer. Don't worry I won't use your answer, it will just give me an idea what i need to answer. I won't use other peoples work as i would feel like i haven't earn't the credit myself. Thank you, will contact if/when i get stuck again lol x
kol6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nicole07415)
- Describe organisational policies, procedures and levels of authority in maintaining supplies
Stationary is organised by the admin staff. We often refill the stationary cupboard which contains everything from note pads and post it notes to staples and envelopes. This cupboard is organised neatly and it is clear when an item is running low. Another cupboard stores paper, printed paper for the ****** broachers and USB’s and drives, the admin staff are also responsible for this.
Drives, keyboards and other expensive equipment is bought when it is needed so that personal can’t take this equipment without informing the admin staff.
- Explain the factors to take into account when ordering stationery
When ordering stationary it is important to order an appropriate amount, the supplier and the type also need to be considered. When ordering stationary as we are a small company, only small amounts need to be bought, such as one box of 50 pens would be appropriate if there was a shortage on pens in the stationary cupboard. The brand of stationary is important, going for cheap brands can often make the stationary fragile which is not good, but also buying pens that are expensive is pointless, so the correct balance between quality and price must be decided upon. The availability of items when ordering contributes of where to buy the item from. If an item is urgent then ordering it from somewhere which is temporarily out of stock is unwise. When the delivery date is, is also a factor to be considered as a closer delivery date is a more preferred option. Finding the cheapest value for price is important so some suppliers have discounts for bulk orders and often phoning up the company to find out is the route you have to take. When suppliers give discounts on orders it is a preferred supplier. Also if ordering multiple types of stationary then you do not necessarily need to order all of one item from one supplier. Varying suppliers to find the best quality item of what you need is preferred, so buying from more than one supplier is an option.
Thankyou that has helped an awful lot i know what to write about now. Have you done 1.6, 1.7 or 1.8 aswell please? im really struggling with this unit
kol6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AmyLFitz)
I would say the same as Cassie to that one.

If you need anymore help let me know as I've just completed the Level 2 Business and Admin qualification
Have you done Unit 213 please? As i have no idea. Just for some ideas
AGM_1611
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
this would be any documents that you have made for the company that you are doing your apprenticeship at..... are they any template letters that you use?...........
caitlinnnnn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can anyone help me I am doing Unit 3 and I am stuck on this question:

'Explain how the requirements of security, data protection, copyright and intellectual property legislation may affect the distribution and storage or business documents'

Thanks
Sarahmaldon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey are you studying Business admin nvq 3 because i cant find this question?
caitlinnnnn
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sarahmaldon)
Hey are you studying Business admin nvq 3 because i cant find this question?

Hey Sarah, im doing Business Admin NVQ Level 2, really stuck with this
Sarahmaldon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what is the question again? Ive completed most units of my NVQ level 2 but i cant not find this question what unit is it in?
caitlinnnnn
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sarahmaldon)
what is the question again? Ive completed most units of my NVQ level 2 but i cant not find this question what unit is it in?
'Explain how the requirements of security, data protection, copyright and intellectual property legislation may affect the distribution and storage or business documents' its in Unit 3
Sarahmaldon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1.1 Understanding the organization and administration of meetings.
1.2 Outline the different ways of providing administrative support for meetings.
1.3 Explain the steps involved in organizing meetings
2.1 describe the different types and features of travel and accommodation
2.2 Explain the purpose of confirming instructions and requirements for business travel and accommodation.
2.3 Explain the purpose of keeping records of business travel and accommodation.
3.1 Describe the features of hard copy and electronic diary systems.
3.2 Explain the purposes of using diary systems to plan and co-ordinate activities and resources.
3.3 Describe the types of information needed to manage a diary system.
3.4 Explain the importance of obtaining correct information when making dairy entries.
4.1 Describe different types of office equipment
4.2 Explain the uses of different types of office equipment
4.3 Describe factors to be considered when selecting office equipment to complete tasks
4.4 Describe how to keep waste to a minimum when using office equipment
5.1 Describe the types of mail services used in business organisations
5.2 Explain the need for different types of mail services
5.3 Explain the factors to be considered when selecting mail services
5.4 Explain the factors to be taken into account when choosing postage methods
6.1 Describe the different types of customers
6.2 Describe the impact of their own behaviour on a customer
6.3 Explain the impact of poor customer service

These above are all the questions in Unit 3 for level 2 business admin. (We may have different NVQ's??)

In regards to your question.. so you need security for all business files so that personal and clientele information is not leaked! write about the data protection act - all businesses use this. copyright is when someone uses your information and portrays it as their own. write about these examples of how they can affect your business or work placement (if not at one - think of a scenario)

Hope this helps
Sarahmaldon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Caitlin, i have worked out why our questions are different. the reason being that you are completing a Diploma which is a higher version of the NVQ, which is why the questions are different and harder.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (175)
58.53%
No they should not (89)
29.77%
Abstain (35)
11.71%

Watched Threads