Edexcel GCSE Statistics H June 2013 Solutions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Connorbwfc
Why is 1bii 24/100? I put 24/120 :frown:

I think that was is the wrong one
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think that was is the wrong one

So I was correct? :smile:

For 12b, how many marks will this be 'there is very weak positive correlation and as one judges mark increases the other one does slightly and vice versa'?

Also for the one about Netto do you think 1890 will definitely get the mark?
Original post by Connorbwfc
So I was correct? :smile:

For 12b, how many marks will this be 'there is very weak positive correlation and as one judges mark increases the other one does slightly and vice versa'?

Also for the one about Netto do you think 1890 will definitely get the mark?

I cba checking

Urmmm... Maybe a mark? I think it was too close to 0 to have a correlation. .

If that's the answer stated there
For question 14) b) can you not say that the median is in that class but since they do not have the less than or equal sign with 350,000 it cannot be the median
Also for 4)b) can i not say that the total of fx will be higher but x will remain the same and so it increases the mean
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
For 13) a) I put that the mean was 54, and the standard deviation was 9. How many marks out of the 3 do you think I will get, and can I possibly get all the marks on the next question based on follow through answers?
Reply 25
For 1) b) ii) The answer should be 24/120 because the total number of people are /120 not /100
I am sorry i am a bit new to this, but may i know where i can find the actual mark scheme to this exam paper ? I am getting really worried. I think I failed it ? Thanks for the help... When I say actual mark scheme, i mean the mark scheme everyone is talking about?
Original post by sal11786
For 1) b) ii) The answer should be 24/120 because the total number of people are /120 not /100

I beg to differ, in the two way table, it said the total 100...
Reply 28
but the total is meant to be /120 not/100.. look at the two way table
Reply 29
Original post by TheEpiphany
I am sorry i am a bit new to this, but may i know where i can find the actual mark scheme to this exam paper ? I am getting really worried. I think I failed it ? Thanks for the help... When I say actual mark scheme, i mean the mark scheme everyone is talking about?

hey this is the link, good luck! And I clicked on the final two pdf.s was easier for me. ( its in two parts)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2388659&p=43286942#post43286942
Reply 30
Original post by sal11786
but the total is meant to be /120 not/100.. look at the two way table

Yeah, I agree thats what I thought.
Reply 31
I calculated the gradient using the y2-y1 divided by x2-x1 method I got 1.04 :s-smilie:
On the RDA% question... Instead of the difference was 62% I said the standard curry had about 3x as many saturates as the light curry along with the first point on the ms - wud that be in the accept column do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kkg1
On the RDA% question... Instead of the difference was 62% I said the standard curry had about 3x as many saturates as the light curry along with the first point on the ms - wud that be in the accept column do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote that as well
For 14b I worked out the median using interpolation....I got a different number...but would I still get a mark for it????
From what I can see, I think I got around 94/100 :/
Original post by delldj
For 14b I worked out the median using interpolation....I got a different number...but would I still get a mark for it????

Same! Hopefully we should do.
Reply 39
Original post by GCSEfreak
do u kno where i can get the statistics gcse higher test paper frm the june 2013 higher paper one??

just ms in the first thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending