The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JanitaTwain
Ahaa, did I mention that I'm the only vegetarian in my family? It's not fun. You 'scraped' an a*? you luckky cow I'd be satisfied with an A- I haven't got my results yet, I'm getting them next year.

I'm taking, Triple science< Eng Lit, Eng Lang, Maths and Further Maths, Geography, History, Drama, ICT, Business, and R.E. Only 12. I'm honeslty scared. For me exams are worse than any horror film ever invented!

Same! I'm also the only vegetarian! It can be a bit awkward sometimes, and my parents tend to complain about it A LOT, but I hate eating meat. Sorry, that may have sounded really bad... it's just I push myself really hard for top grades, and I always had to work so hard for physics, harder than any other subject, and I would still always get As in it but A*s in the other 2 even though I tried harder in physics. So getting an overall A* there meant the hard work paid off, so I was really proud of it :smile: We actually took quite similar subjects! I just took langauges instead of history/ RE and Film Studies instead of Business. You shouldn't be scared! It's not that bad - sure, it's tough and nerve-wracking and no-one likes exams, but the exams are generally OK if you've revised enough (it doesn't always feel like that at the time, but it's all OK later). Personally I always found coursework harder because I was less motivated to do it.
Reply 381
1) I love parmesan cheese on its own.
2) I have self taught Italian to B2ish standard
3) I have a mysterious ability to remember exactly where on a page something is, even after a year
4) I have a pathological fear of insects larger than an inch long
5) I saved a mouse from being killed by my cat today, but am now unsure whether it was ethically correct as it was severely injured
6) TSR was the first app I downloaded to my new phone
7) I have considerable ability in blagging about things I don't know about
8) I have had a chess rapidplay ECF rating of 30 for nearly a year but only realised yesterday
9) I have a (flimsy) Bacon number of 4
10) I have only walked 844 steps today yet just about have a six pack

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. i'm a classical music geek because i took ib music
2. i'm an advanced pianist and violinist, having aced the ABRSM diploma piano examination and grade 8 violin exam, but actually i have more talent in visual arts
3. i'm an english literature student in a UK university
4. i'm actually quite apt in the sciences, wanted to take medicine but didn't because i'm terrified of blood and i'm very squeamish.
5. i love macabre stuff: gothic literature, poe's short stories, horror movies, horror games
6. i have an eclectic musical taste: i have playlists of most of the works of 40 different baroque/classical/romantic/impressionist/contemporary composers, around 5 playlists of 20th century jazz musicians, traditional music, a little popular music here and there and soundtrack music.
7. i'm a graphic designer, sketch artist, doodler, and an avid photographer.
8. i survived IB with a good final grade even though all i did during classes was play pokemon, sleep or skip class.
9. i love archaeology, ancient history, geology, anthropology, psychology and criminology
10. i'm not scared of any reptiles or insects at all even though i'm a girl
1) My favourite film is About a Boy.
2) I have a strange crush on Bridget Jones.
3) I once drunkenly urinated on a fridge.
4) I weight 71kg and I am 6"1.
5) Each of my toes is curved away from my big toes.
6) I am terrified of cows.
7) I can drink a pint of lager in 3 seconds.
8) I'm allergic to nuts.
9) I eat the paper from muffins and fairycakes because it still has cake on and doesn't taste that bad.
10) My biggest dislike is incompetent people.
Original post by bad_moose
1) My favourite film is About a Boy.
2) I have a strange crush on Bridget Jones.
3) I once drunkenly urinated on a fridge.
4) I weight 71kg and I am 6"1.
5) Each of my toes is curved away from my big toes.
6) I am terrified of cows.
7) I can drink a pint of lager in 3 seconds.
8) I'm allergic to nuts.
9) I eat the paper from muffins and fairycakes because it still has cake on and doesn't taste that bad.
10) My biggest dislike is incompetent people.

Seriously? :lol:
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Seriously? :lol:

Yup, totally serious. See I didn't think it was this weird because I've met a few other people who do the same, but literally every other person I know thinks it's ridiculous. IT HAS MORE CAKEY GOODNESS HOW COULD YOU WASTE IT?!?!?!? :confused:
1) I was born in america, but have no recollection of my time there
2) I am the eldest of 7 kids
3) I am half Scottish
4) I am scarily obsessed with harry potter (never too old)
5) I love a juicy maths problem, but they can also make me cry
6) I have a lot of Yorkshire pride and I love where I live
7) I have a mental ginger dog who I love to bits
8) I adore Indian food
9) I love to wear dresses
10) I love to read but am very fussy when it comes to books
Yup, totally serious. See I didn't think it was this weird because I've met a few other people who do the same, but literally every other person I know thinks it's ridiculous. IT HAS MORE CAKEY GOODNESS HOW COULD YOU WASTE IT?!?!?!? :confused:

Yes!!!! I've found another person that does this, it tastes so nice I agree! I always get disgusted looks when I do it....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have never heard of anyone ever doing that, haha. But I don't really like cake so maybe that's why...
Original post by LilyElise
Yes!!!! I've found another person that does this, it tastes so nice I agree! I always get disgusted looks when I do it....

Posted from TSR Mobile

WE ARE NOT ALONE! :') Yeah I know right? You can't even tell that it's paper, it's just extra cake! Yeah me too, I always have to screw it up into a ball and then pop it in really fast. We're clearly the normal ones, everyone else is just stupid. :wink:

Original post by Holby_fanatic
I have never heard of anyone ever doing that, haha. But I don't really like cake so maybe that's why...

Ah you're missing out, if you liked cake you'd definitely be doing it! :wink:
Original post by LeFailFish
Same! I'm also the only vegetarian! It can be a bit awkward sometimes, and my parents tend to complain about it A LOT, but I hate eating meat. Sorry, that may have sounded really bad... it's just I push myself really hard for top grades, and I always had to work so hard for physics, harder than any other subject, and I would still always get As in it but A*s in the other 2 even though I tried harder in physics. So getting an overall A* there meant the hard work paid off, so I was really proud of it :smile: We actually took quite similar subjects! I just took langauges instead of history/ RE and Film Studies instead of Business. You shouldn't be scared! It's not that bad - sure, it's tough and nerve-wracking and no-one likes exams, but the exams are generally OK if you've revised enough (it doesn't always feel like that at the time, but it's all OK later). Personally I always found coursework harder because I was less motivated to do it.

I always find that I'm better at coursework! It's just i am really bad under pressure, i always freak out and have a mini panic attack. I do try to revise for chemistry but when ever i sit down with a book, i just find some some reason to get up!
Original post by JanitaTwain
I always find that I'm better at coursework! It's just i am really bad under pressure, i always freak out and have a mini panic attack. I do try to revise for chemistry but when ever i sit down with a book, i just find some some reason to get up!

Some of my friends are the same - they struggle with the stress of exams. That's one of the reasons I'm glad I took a GCSE early (in year 9) - it gave me a chance to practise exam techniques and stuff and realise that exams aren't actually that bad, as long as you can keep calm. :smile: I have that problem when revising too sometimes! There's always some kind of distraction somewhere. :s-smilie:
Reply 392
6ft 181 kgim a dog persondon't eat crisps or junk foodjust had a calzone for lunchhave a purple belt in jiujitsuhate most reality and 'talent' tv showsso far have visited 31 countries and countingI believe most modern music to be poor re-hashes of past music and so haven't bought any music in the last 6 years im big like a can of pepsi
(edited 10 years ago)
1) Streetwise and a Geek.
2) Black is my favourite colour even though it isn't really a colour.
3) I am 5ft 9".
4) I have Blue eyes.
5) I am English and have a Spanglish daughter.
6) Single and very happy.
7) I am going to help change the World.
8) I most definitely enjoy sex.
9) My personality has an extremely manic side when intoxicated.
10) I have backpacked alone around North America.
1.I am a person
2. i eat food
3. i drink water
4. i can walk
5. i can breath
6. i have hair
7. My organs are functional
8. I sleep at night
9. I can read and write
10. I don't like peas
Original post by LeFailFish
Some of my friends are the same - they struggle with the stress of exams. That's one of the reasons I'm glad I took a GCSE early (in year 9) - it gave me a chance to practise exam techniques and stuff and realise that exams aren't actually that bad, as long as you can keep calm. :smile: I have that problem when revising too sometimes! There's always some kind of distraction somewhere. :s-smilie:

Ahaha, yeah! You took them in year 9? what school did you go to- was it an academy or grammar?
1. I am Brazilian
2. I am a twin :biggrin:
3. I play guitar
4. I skateboard
5. I am a Catholic
6. I'm a nice person, but I don't take sh*t from anyone
7. I love to travel
8. I am easily entertained
9. I am 6ft 2
10. I just had a shower
Reply 397
1. I am bilingual (with English as my first language), and am an aspiring polyglot.
2. I love travelling, and it’s my motivation for studying (to eventually fund it all)
3. I know a lot about random things which are completely unconnected, and spend way too long on websites like Wikipedia and IMDb.
4. I’m also interested in the world of HF modelling, though I don’t aspire to become a model myself.
5. I love contemporary literature and often some classics.
6. History is my favourite subject, particularly ancient & modern history.
7. I would like to read Law at a top university.
8. I don’t tan :frown:
9. I am 5’8, have blue eyes and ash blonde hair.
10. I can hold my liquor :lol:
Reply 398
1. I'm a female.
2. I was once considered tall for my age, now I'm stuck at 5ft.
3. I moved to England when I was 10. Now I'm 19.
4. I speak Shona and English; English being my second language.
5. I'm Christian.
6. I hate oats.
7. I like anime, but wouldn't consider myself an anime freak.
8. I read fanfiction, especially Harry Potter.
9. I'm very gullible.
10. I'm black.
(edited 10 years ago)
1. Despite being female, I rarely wear skirts or dresses
2. I was born very (very, very, very) prematurely, so I've always been short for my age
3. I have dreadlocks (EDIT: these have since died a slow and painful death at the hands of a fine-toothed comb)
4. I can spin poi reasonably well
5. I hate most shades of the colour pink, but thanks to going through a girly phase at age 11 (during which my parents decided to redecorate), my curtains are pink and cream striped *shudders*
6. I'm fascinated by the human body
7. Despite taking 4 science-y/maths-y A-levels, I love books, and I write in my free time
8. I love the late Victorian/Edwardian aesthetic
9. I have a favourite maths problem
10. I really enjoy performing, although most people at school think I'm very quiet
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest