The Student Room Group

2nd year SF help/panic/generic thread - p60 - mums income ????

Hey guys, sorta panicking about my Student finance as the deadline is days away. (returning student)

Basically i live alone with my mum who when i applied last year and needed her 'total taxable income' from 2010-11, she was unemployed so it was 0.

This year, so the 2011-12 total taxable income she worked part time for a few months before falling ill, so earned slightly under 2k.

This 2k will make no difference to my student finance application and i will still receive the max loan/grant, but the problem lie's as she has no p60. My whole application is done apart from the section where i need her 'total taxable income'. Which apparently is on her p60, but she doesn't have a p60, but a p45 which shows how much she earned while working that 1 job for those few months.

Im worried that if i put the 2k on my SF i will get asked to send evidence in, and they will want the p60, but again....we don't have a p60 to give.

Any help?
Payslips will do, just send her first and last payslip through. Plus send the p45 to prove that she not working in that job currently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If she claimed JSA whilst not working, that too is taxable income and should be declared
Get her to call HMRC Tax people. They can tell her the figure on the phone & send her a letter saying how much she earned in that tax year.
Reply 4
She never applied for JSA so the income she earned from working was her total income that year.

I also don't think she has her first and last payslip :confused:

I think ill give SFE a call to find out what i can do.
Student Finance will only ask for evidence if the HMRC check does not come back with a match. So if the figure showing on the P45 is truly the whole taxable income for the entire tax year, that will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending