The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: THE TSR Ice Cream Idol Championship Thread

Hi everyone!

Yes,welcome one, welcome all, to our latest TSR Food and Drink Tournament! This time we're going with the most popular rquested topic; Ice Cream! In the Ice Cream Idol Championship, we will ind TSR's most popular single-serving ice cream product based around the 2011 (sorry, but it's the most up-to-date, unbiased source available) UK product sales figures. I will use my random selection application that took me about half an hour to make to choose randomised heats, and you get to choose which of the chosen pairs wins.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT: ALL PRODUCTS MUST CONTAIN ICE CREAM. NO LOLLIES, SORBETS OR FLAVOURED ICES WILL BE INCLUDED. ALL PRODUCTS MUST BE SINGULAR SERVING PRODUCTS (this ensures consistency of unit sales to consumption). NO LIMITED EDITION PRODUCTS/LIMITED PRODUCTION PRODUCTS WILL BE INCLUDED. NO IMPORTED PRODUCTS WILL BE INCLUDED; IT MUST BE SOLD WITHIN THE UK.
NO SUPERMARKET OWN-BRAND PRODUCTS WILL BE INCLUDED AS SUPPLIERS CAN VARY.

Get it? Good stuff! You're a bright bunch, so ye are. Whichever wins this will join our other TSR CHAMPIONS! Need a reminder as to who won TSR's chosen few in our other categories? Refresh your memory here!

TSR CHOCCY BAR CHAMPION: MARS GALAXY BAR
TSR CRISPY SNACK CHAMPION: KELLOGGS PRINGLES
TSR BREKKIE CEREAL CHAMPION: KELLOGGS COCO POPS
TSR DROUTH-DESTROYIN' DRINK CHAMPION: LILT
TSR MCDONALD'S MUNCHIE CHAMPION: MCNUGGETS
TSR TEABREAK BICCIE CHAMPION: CRAWFORD BOURBON
TSR ICE CREAM IDOL CHAMPION: WALLS MAGNUM WHITE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go! Our competition roster is as follows....

GRAND CHAMPION:

WALLS MAGNUM WHITE

THESE GUYS GOT CREAMED, NOW THEY'RE SAT S' CREAMIN', CONE ALONE:

MISTER WHIPPY 99
MARS ICE CREAM
HAAGEN DAZS PRALINES AND CREAM PERSONAL POT
WALLS CORNETTO CLASSICO
HAAGEN DAZS VANILLA PERSONAL POT
NESTLE FAB
MARS TWIX ICE CREAM
NESTLE MIVVI
WALLS TWISTER
BEN AND JERRYS COOKIE DOUGH PERSONAL POT
WALLS MINI MILK STRAWBERRY
NESTLE BUBBLEBALL
WALLS FEAST MINT
MY CARTE D' OR CARAMEL PERSONAL POT
NESTLE MAXIBON
BEN AND JERRYS CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIE PERSONAL POT
MINI MILK (MILK)
WALLS SCREWBALL
NESTLE MUNCHIES POTZ
WALLS CHUNKY
WALLS SOLERO
WALLS CORNETTO STRAWBERRY
NESTLE SMARTIES POTZ
NESTLE TOFFEE CRUMBLE
WALLS FEAST CHOCOLATE
WALLS HARIBO PUSH-UP
WALLS MINI MILK CHOCOLATE
WALLS MAGNUM CLASSIC
CADBURY DAIRY MILK BUTTONS CONE
NESTLE SMARTIES CONE
BEN AND JERRYS CARAMEL CHEW CHEW PERSONAL POT
THORNTONS TOFFEE SENSATION
MY CARTE D'OR CHERRY PERSONAL POT
NESTLE NOBBLY BOBBLY
HAAGEN DAZS BAILEYS PERSONAL POT
TREATS SNOCREME
MARS SNICKERS ICE CREAM
WALLS MAGNUM ALMOND
CADBURY CRUNCHIE ICE CREAM
NESTLE LION ICE CREAM
NESTLE ROLO POTZ

So there we have it! 2011's UK roundup of highest sales of single-serve ice creams based around national figures. I know some of your lesser-selling favourites might be omitted, but that's the name of the game!

So without further ado, let's commence...

TSR'S ICE CREAM IDOL CHAMPIONSHIP!
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OUR FIRST HEAT, FIRST BATTLE, FIRST FIRST FIRST!

and it's...

WALL'S MINI MILK STRAWBERRY versus SMARTIES POTZ!

Specifically the STRAWBERRY Mini Milk - the other flavours are also competing. Our first heat of our brand new tournament is a very colourful kiddy one; Smarties Potz, the single-serving pot of ice cream strewn with Smarties, takes on the innocently wikkle Strawberry Mini Milk!

We're off with a bang here, so let's start as we mean to go on; it might be ICE cream, but let's heat this place up! Vote for your winner!
Reply 2
mini milk
I can't imagine that the majority of people would have tried every single one of these ice creams.

Anyways... mini milk.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Mini milk. So cute, but so damn hard to open!
Strawberry mini milk - It's my favourite mini milk and I'm not that fussed about Smarties.
Reply 6
Strawberry mini milk! Loved those as a very young kid!
Reply 7
Ben and Jerrys Cookie Dough mmm... have any of you guys tasted the new core Blondie Brownie? Its got choclate fudge brownie on one side and the vanilla opposite with white chocolate brownie pieces on the other with a salted caramel core... MMMMMMM
Strawberry mini milk :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Strawberry mini milk - Mini milk are the ice cream product I buy regularly.
The mini milk. So nostalgic :h:
Reply 11
The milk mini-milk!
Reply 12
WALLS MINI MILK STRAWBERRY WINS!

It may APPEAR like a very cold phallus to the more immature/less aware amongst you, but I assure you, the above picture is in fact, a Mini Milk. Mini Milks are bizarre creations; you need to eat two to get the same calories as eating a mere apple, but for some reason they taste remarkably creamy and decadent... albeit the size of a dormouse's finger.

Nonetheless it sits proud as your first winner!
Reply 13
I missed the first round! DAMN YOU SLOW PUBLIC TRANSPORT.
Reply 14
NEW HEAT;

MY CARTE D'OR CHERRY PERSONAL POT versus MARS TWIX ICE CREAM!

The wickle personal-size version of Carte D'or's indulgent ice cream laced with cherry faces off against the Twix ice cream, which for some reason is still called "Twix" despite only being ONE finger. Well, what's in a name? Besides, you know, a label to call something by and a brief prejudice and synopsis of the contents you expect to see based on said label?
Oooh. Tough. But it's the carte d'or for me :h:
Got to go for Twix, Carte d'or is a bit overpriced and if I were to pay out for that, it wouldn't be for the cherry flavour!
Reply 17
Tough for a different reason, Id choose Twix if I had to though.
Twix
Carte D'or. The cherry taste is a bonus.

Quick Reply

Latest