The Student Room Group

Can I study to teach in Scotland from England

Hi, I graduated from an English university last year and have since been gaining some experience in school whilst I take a break from education. However now I would like to get the ball rolling with becoming a teacher. I would like to do this in Scotland and I have all the requirements needed to get on a PGDE. It's just that I'm unsure how I go about funding it. Do I apply for tuition fees in England? Is any funding available at all for me?

Thanks.
English teaching qualifications are NOT recognised in Scotland.
Reply 2
I am not yet qualified as a teacher, I just have a undergraduate degree... I'm looking to get qualified at a Scottish institute however.
Reply 3
Original post by snakeybizzle
I am not yet qualified as a teacher, I just have a undergraduate degree... I'm looking to get qualified at a Scottish institute however.

In that case you could only teach in Scotland
Original post by snakeybizzle
Hi, I graduated from an English university last year and have since been gaining some experience in school whilst I take a break from education. However now I would like to get the ball rolling with becoming a teacher. I would like to do this in Scotland and I have all the requirements needed to get on a PGDE. It's just that I'm unsure how I go about funding it. Do I apply for tuition fees in England? Is any funding available at all for me?

Thanks.

You need to have been ordinarily resident in the appropriate nation of the UK for 3 years to switch award authorities, so you would still apply through Student Finance England for funding. SFE will fund courses at Scottish universities, you will get a tuition fee loan and the university will be able to charge you at the same rate an English university would.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending