The Student Room Group

Are skinny/slim built men for slim girls?

Was just thinking about this, would any curvy girls go for a skinny/slim boy? or would you ever consider guys who work out and have broad shoulders and muscles?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Different people find different looks attractive, it doesn't make a difference whether that person is curvy or slim, everyone will like different builds etc :smile:
Reply 2
I find that fat girls prefer skinny guys, tbh.
Original post by Cat123456
Different people find different looks attractive, it doesn't make a difference whether that person is curvy or slim, everyone will like different builds etc :smile:

Nonsense.

If you're slim, you will have higher standards and go for a slim partner (unless you have a fat fetish). Vice versa, if you're chubby, you'll shoot lower and probably end up with a chubby partner.
skinny =/= attractive :frown:

There's no real generalisation here as different people have different tastes. Some men like skinny women/men while others like larger people. I could only suggest that people tend to mold themselves to their ideals and if men prefer skinny women then they may eb moe likely to keep themselves in shape.
I'm slim with a bit of curves, and my boyfriend is skinny. I guess people with similarish builds seem to suit each other better, lookswise anyway.
I'll dish out the standard, generic, TSR reply: "some are, some aren't, it's all about personal preference."
We might be witnessing in the UK and elsewhere in the West an evolutionary shift in which, and for the first time in human history, the female in the coupling often outweighs the male. Certainly this would seem true of many young couples seen on British high streets.
Reply 8
It all depends on the person and what they prefer I have curvy friends and they're going out with skinny lads, relationships aren't based on the persons looks unless they're really shallow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I'm a skinny guy (regardless of copious hours spent down the gym) and often, although not always, I get the most attention off of bigger girls per se, I think it depends entirely on individuals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Nonsense.

If you're slim, you will have higher standards and go for a slim partner (unless you have a fat fetish). Vice versa, if you're chubby, you'll shoot lower and probably end up with a chubby partner.

higher standards. . . . interesting....

stupid idiot. and now chubby guys don't end up with chubby girls. most chubby guys I know have skinny girlfriends actually. Dumb one :biggrin: lol
Original post by jody02
higher standards. . . . interesting....

stupid idiot. and now chubby guys don't end up with chubby girls. most chubby guys I know have skinny girlfriends actually. Dumb one :biggrin: lol

Those relationships don't last. I am twice your age, I know better. Stupid bitch :biggrin:
Reply 12
Those relationships don't last. I am twice your age, I know better. Stupid bitch :biggrin:

well if you're twice my age. Shouldn't you be on a Grandpas site or something. Mr know it all :biggrin: !
(edited 10 years ago)
This is such a stupid thread.

Filled with generalizations and anecdotal evidence.
Reply 14
Original post by cambio wechsel
We might be witnessing in the UK and elsewhere in the West an evolutionary shift in which, and for the first time in human history, the female in the coupling often outweighs the male. Certainly this would seem true of many young couples seen on British high streets.

Haha excellent point, and very true. Slightly worrying though.

I'm quite overweight if I'm honest, and my exes have been of a variety of builds, but I've never been out with a guy I would call fat. So no I don't think slim men are destined for slim women. It surprises me though. My current boyfriend for example could get someone with a better body than me, but he's with me. I dunno, dare I say it, but maybe he likes my personality?! :eek:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

Try being a bit more civil, hahaha?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
No. No curvy girl will ever go for a skinny guy ever. It has never happened in the history of time. YES they would, Lordy. As someone already stated - we all have different preferences.
Original post by jamesey_
Try being a bit more civil, hahaha?

An eye for an eye... :wink:
Reply 18
I'm skinny and tend to like slightly muscular guys, with nice broad shoulders...:sexface:

Having said that, that's only a preference, I've liked guys who are very slim and guys who carry a little more weight, I'm more of a face person really. If I find the face really attractive, then the body becomes more attractive.

I can only speak for myself, everyone is different.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
An eye for an eye... :wink:

Makes the whole world blind

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending