The Student Room Group

Arsey's (NOT) Edexcel FP3 June 2013 Solutions (UK)

Here is a link to the FP3 solutions one of my team smashed out.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks!
Cheers for this; will link to it in the FP3 thread.
Reply 3
Original post by Arsey
Here is a link to the FP3 solutions one of my team smashed out.

Any chance your team member could make a prediction on grade boundaries?
Thanks Arsey + team member.

I should stop correcting people on what the wording of the questions was, apparently I can't remember correctly myself. I might have scraped 90%. Maybe. Probably not.
Reply 5
Cheers Arsey, Thanks for all the solutions! :biggrin:
Reply 6
i got a negative area.... facepalm* sneaky question
Reply 7
Doing further maths next year and this scares me.
Original post by J_W-x

You'll love it when you start doing it. This paper is perhaps not representative of the normal FP3 paper either; it didn't examine what is usually the killer question on the paper (loci) but hyped up other areas to make up for it.
Reply 9
Predictions on grade boundaries anyone? Also, how many marks would I lose for leaving it in the form of (r-a)xb = 0 rather than the form wanted
Reply 10
Original post by J_W-x

Shouldn't be, FP3 is one of the most enjoyable modules as well as M4/M5.
Reply 11
any prediction for grade boundaries?
or whether people thought this was hard or easier than the previous papers?
Reply 12
any prediction for grade boundaries?
or whether people thought this was hard or easier than the previous papers?
Original post by DJMayes
You'll love it when you start doing it. This paper is perhaps not representative of the normal FP3 paper either; it didn't examine what is usually the killer question on the paper (loci) but hyped up other areas to make up for it.

Are you sure that's not going to scare the guy more? :biggrin:

Me on this test: :titan:
Reply 14
Original post by sparrowhawk4
Are you sure that's not going to scare the guy more? :biggrin:

Me on this test: :titan:

i think if he's crazy enough to choose further maths in the first place then nothing can phase him :wink:
Original post by Dougz
i think if he's crazy enough to choose further maths in the first place then nothing can phase him :wink:

I wonder what your opinion on Additional Further Maths is...
Reply 16
Original post by DJMayes
I wonder what your opinion on Additional Further Maths is...

Does that even exist?? does that just become a degree because ive signed up for that :tongue: ... should i be scared?
Original post by Dougz
Does that even exist?? does that just become a degree because ive signed up for that :tongue: ... should i be scared?

Edexcel has 18 modules:
C1-4
FP1-3
M1-5
S1-4
D1-2

Doing 6 of these gets you A level Maths. Doing 12 gets you a second A level in Further Maths. Doing all 18 gets you a third A Level in Additional Further Maths.
Reply 18
Original post by DJMayes
Edexcel has 18 modules:
C1-4
FP1-3
M1-5
S1-4
D1-2

Doing 6 of these gets you A level Maths. Doing 12 gets you a second A level in Further Maths. Doing all 18 gets you a third A Level in Additional Further Maths.

Oh i see... well for me to do that id have to do m345 and i REALLY HATE MECHANICS :L but id be interested in doing more statistics definately... and assuming D2 was as easy as D1 i wouldn't mind

Im opting out of everyone single mechanics module at uni other than the necessery ones... M1 and 2 was too many for me :L
Reply 19
Original post by Dougz
Oh i see... well for me to do that id have to do m345 and i REALLY HATE MECHANICS :L but id be interested in doing more statistics definately... and assuming D2 was as easy as D1 i wouldn't mind

Im opting out of everyone single mechanics module at uni other than the necessery ones... M1 and 2 was too many for me :L

iirc about 50 candidates completed the 18 module beast last year. I've never had anyone do it at my place. We have had a few A2 FM students doing 3 extra for an AS in Additional Further (for fun).

If you are a very good Mathematician it is a free extra grade A at AS because you can mix and match the modules taken in A2 Further. For example, one lad last year could afford to put a module he achieved 100ums from A2 FM with one of the extra modules. He only needed a couple of UMS from M4 to get his A2 FM mark up to 480 (securing his A*) - so he started learning M4 two days before the exam.... still ended up getting a decent mark in M4 too, clever lad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending