The Student Room Group

Tesco Customer Assistant Nights Pay - Picture included.

Somehow, I don't think these figures are correct.

I work from 22:00 - 7:00 on Saturday & Sunday.
I have a core contract of 15 hours.

£5.76 between 10pm and midnight!!? Hmm...

I have even tried calculating my hours based on the above figures, and it just doesn't work out.

I cannot get hold of a manager at the moment as she is away for 2 weeks! and all I hear is Tesco pay slips are the worlds most complicated pay slips ever.

15nocr7.jpg
base pay 101..75

101.75 / 16 = 6.36 / hour Basic as your rota gives you 16 hours (with 1 hour of breaks each shift - per your annotation ) from 2* 9 hour shifts - despite your minimum hours being given as 15

the time and day based allowances appear to be calculated on the relevant percentage uplifts to your basic assuming you work the hours stated on the form

as an example

you work 4 hours / week between 10 pm and midnight - 2 saturday night and 2 sunday night

for those hours you get 6.36 + 1.44 = 7.80

the 1.44 comes from 5.76/4

152.22 is what you get paid basic + time of day uplift + sunday uplift for your sunday hours...
Reply 2
Original post by zippyRN
base pay 101..75

101.75 / 16 = 6.36 / hour Basic as your rota gives you 16 hours (with 1 hour of breaks each shift - per your annotation ) from 2* 9 hour shifts - despite your minimum hours being given as 15

the time and day based allowances appear to be calculated on the relevant percentage uplifts to your basic assuming you work the hours stated on the form

as an example

you work 4 hours / week between 10 pm and midnight - 2 saturday night and 2 sunday night

for those hours you get 6.36 + 1.44 = 7.80

the 1.44 comes from 5.76/4

152.22 is what you get paid basic + time of day uplift + sunday uplift for your sunday hours...

I have a few friends getting around £7 an hour to work as a day assistant (9 hour shift/£63 per day). So I'm really not getting that much more to be honest? AND i'm working Saturday & Sunday...

Wow...
(edited 10 years ago)
From reading that I would assume it means that in total on a Saturday between 10-12 you get the £5 extra to your salary, then 12-6 you get £19 extra and on Sundays £24 extra.

So overall you get £50 ish extra for working the nights and Sundays?
Original post by EmmaS1992
Somehow, I don't think these figures are correct.

I work from 22:00 - 7:00 on Saturday & Sunday.
I have a core contract of 15 hours.

£5.76 between 10pm and midnight!!? Hmm...

I have even tried calculating my hours based on the above figures, and it just doesn't work out.

I cannot get hold of a manager at the moment as she is away for 2 weeks! and all I hear is Tesco pay slips are the worlds most complicated pay slips ever.

15nocr7.jpg

what is this
Are you doing Tesco for unit 8 recruitment?
can you add my snap red_blue5777
I really need your help :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lucilou101
From reading that I would assume it means that in total on a Saturday between 10-12 you get the £5 extra to your salary, then 12-6 you get £19 extra and on Sundays £24 extra.

So overall you get £50 ish extra for working the nights and Sundays?

that's right
how do you know that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending