Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi im stuck on as i have to work out the standard diviation for my biology coursework.
    i know the formula but when i look at given examples they only have 1 line of data.
    eg

however i have four lines of data as i have 4 conditions. each line has 48 numbers in it though. can any 1 help me apply the data to satandard diviation. or will i have to do 4 standard diviations for each line.
    thanx in advance
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    hi im stuck on as i have to work out the standard diviation for my biology coursework.
    i know the formula but when i look at given examples they only have 1 line of data.
    eg

however i have four lines of data as i have 4 conditions. each line has 48 numbers in it though. can any 1 help me apply the data to satandard diviation. or will i have to do 4 standard diviations for each line.
    thanx in advance
    Is the data fin each line from a different test or are they just from re-runs of the same test/experiment (under the same conditions etc etc). If the conditions weren't identical then you need to work out 4 SDs if the conditions were identical then you can combine the 4 datasets into a single dataset and do a single SD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Is the data fin each line from a different test or are they just from re-runs of the same test/experiment (under the same conditions etc etc). If the conditions weren't identical then you need to work out 4 SDs if the conditions were identical then you can combine the 4 datasets into a single dataset and do a single SD.
    thanks er the 4 sets of data are from four different conditions. r u sure i need to do 4 sd's. also i have to do a t test wud i need to do 4 of these?
    soz i know my knowledge is severely lacking lol
    cheers

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.