The Student Room Group

Sick of Starbucks!!

I've been working for starbucks since April and when In the interview it said I had to stay there for 6 months or had to pay for my own training which was 80 hours! However I want to leave in September as I'm going to Uni which is only 5 months, will It be docked from my wage? Also I'm pee'd off as they're putting our minimum wage up because they have to by law but are stopping us from having any free drinks on shift and no discount after work, which I think is mean since they earn so much! Also I've been working 6 n half to 7 hours and they never give me a break which really annoys me. any suggestions on what to do as I don't want my last wage docking for training which they should really provide.. Thanks x
Reply 1
How much notice do you have to give?
Reply 2
I've heard of people transferring stores for this sort of job before. Are you able to apply to transfer to a starbucks near your university?
Has it got that bad with the Bux?! I used to work there but left in February for a desk job.

I recommend you to visit Ihatestarbucks.com. Lots of like minded baristas there.
Reply 4
Ive not asked about transferring yet as I've not been there long and feel Abit cheeky x
Reply 5
Original post by BethanyLong
Ive not asked about transferring yet as I've not been there long and feel Abit cheeky x

But then so is leaving before you're supposed to. It might be best to just discuss the different options with your manager.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending