The Student Room Group

Norethisterone didn't work for me?

hello guys, i have taken norethisterone for 2 days now and i was expecting my period to come tomorrow or day after. But it has come a day earlier...so is it still going to delay my period like gonna stop tomorrow or it will be still coming? im going to bali on friday what should i doooo? don't want to ruin my holiday:frown:
Sorry, it wont stop it or make it lighter unfortunately! I've taken it several times before- and taking it now!

The idea is to take it 3 days before and it looked like you were on plan. Unfortunately because you were early it didn't have long enough to take effect. In the future I would recommend taking it 4 days before to be on the safe side, or taking it a month in advance for as long as necessary so long that you get your period a week before you are supposed to go away, then you're certain not to be on and ruin your holiday.

Sorry again!
Reply 2
Original post by EloiseStar
Sorry, it wont stop it or make it lighter unfortunately! I've taken it several times before- and taking it now!

The idea is to take it 3 days before and it looked like you were on plan. Unfortunately because you were early it didn't have long enough to take effect. In the future I would recommend taking it 4 days before to be on the safe side, or taking it a month in advance for as long as necessary so long that you get your period a week before you are supposed to go away, then you're certain not to be on and ruin your holiday.

Sorry again!

thanks EloiseStar for your info:smile: i will ask my doctor if there is any other medication to delay my period, hopefully she can get sth for me...:frown:but thanks again:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest