The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster's Facilities

I've seen quite a few people asking about the facilities at Lancaster, and with a few of my own I thought a thread dedicated to those questions might be appreciated.

For instance, could any current Lancaster students tell me what kind of detergents are needed in the laundrettes?
From my experience there isn't any specific kind of detergent needed for the laundrettes. For example, my flatmate uses powder but I use liquitabs. Neither of us have had a problem with our washing.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Gareth.Williams
I've seen quite a few people asking about the facilities at Lancaster, and with a few of my own I thought a thread dedicated to those questions might be appreciated.

For instance, could any current Lancaster students tell me what kind of detergents are needed in the laundrettes?

Unless you have a deferred entry or unconditional offer, you really don't need to be worrying about things like this. Wait till results day, within that week wait for Lancaster Uni to contact you about accommodation, if you have any questions just e-mail them then. But I'm sure they would give everyone a list of the basic things we need to help us get by.

In regards to facilities, have you not visited the campus, if not just wait till you get there you will have the whole of freshers week to explore :smile:

Good luck for results day, and I might see you around. I'm a Grizedale firmer :wink:
Yeh as above, you don't need to worry about these sorts of things until you get here. Just enjoy your summer, enjoy freshers week, and sort out the tedious stuff in week 1. Most of the stuff I brought in advance wasn't needed and was just a waste of money. And if you meet your flatmates first its always cheaper to go halves on most things.
Thanks for the advice all - I've been a bit on edge from lack of meaningful work and fear that I'm not going to have much time between coming back from abroad and the start of Freshers'. Wanting to get as much sorted as I can, you ken?

'Course that doesn't mean the thread can't still be used by anyone - I'm sure there's plenty for current Y12s interested in Lancaster to be asking!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending