The Student Room Group

Clearing list 2012

Is there a list available for all the courses and universities that were available in clearing in 2012, cant seem to find it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helpme456
Is there a list available for all the courses and universities that were available in clearing in 2012, cant seem to find it

No there isn't one.

Clearing courses change every year. So, if a course was in clearing last year, doesn't mean it'd be there this year.
No, and besides, clearing courses aren't the same from year to year. If you think you're going to go into Clearing, pick up the Independent on results day - it'll have a list of courses in Clearing.
Original post by paradoxicalme
No, and besides, clearing courses aren't the same from year to year. If you think you're going to go into Clearing, pick up the Independent on results day - it'll have a list of courses in Clearing.

The Telegraph has had the rights for the last two years, clearing listings will only be in there.

OP - The only way you will get clearing lists from last year is if someone has a copy of the paper and shares it with you. I have a copy but will not be sharing the information on tsr as like others have said, knowledge of last year means nothing.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by oxymoronic
The Telegraph has had the rights for the last two years, clearing listings will only be in there.

OP - The only way you will get clearing lists from last year is if someone has a copy of the paper and shares it with you. I have a copy but will not be sharing the information on tsr as like others have said, knowledge of last year means nothing.

Ah ok, I read someone on an A level results day thread talking about the Independent - must've been an old one :tongue:
The OP may have wanted a general idea of the sorts of courses and unis that might be available, rather than a comprehensive list of what will be available? If so, last year's list may be of some help, I would assume. I agree that it could be misleading though, or give false hope.

Sorry OP, can't help you. Unless it can be found by a Google search, but you probably already tried that :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Knalchemist
No there isn't one.

Clearing courses change every year. So, if a course was in clearing last year, doesn't mean it'd be there this year.

Yes I know that but I think in general there is not much difference. Some universities are never on there, some courses are never on there and other courses are constantly on there. I'm in a position where I havent done so well in exams and need to now think what to do next.

Original post by paradoxicalme

I want to do a course at a uni where I can achieve my maximum. On results day, the decision made will be rushed, I feel looking at last years list will give me an idea of the options available.

I will greatly appreciate it if you could send me the list as it would give me a very good idea of what to do next, I feel it would ease the tension I am feeling at the moment.

Original post by sparrowhawk4
The OP may have wanted a general idea of the sorts of courses and unis that might be available, rather than a comprehensive list of what will be available? If so, last year's list may be of some help, I would assume. I agree that it could be misleading though, or give false hope.

Sorry OP, can't help you. Unless it can be found by a Google search, but you probably already tried that :smile:

Surprising only you have understood this :smile:
Reply 7
BUMP!!
Reply 8
BUMMMMP!
Original post by helpme456
I will greatly appreciate it if you could send me the list as it would give me a very good idea of what to do next, I feel it would ease the tension I am feeling at the moment.

Noone can send you "the list" it's a newspaper that runs to 64 pages.

If you mention what courses and unis you're interested in then someone might be able to look up those subjects for you to give you an idea of what's available.

Alternatively go to your local reference library and see if they have an archive/microfice copy of the Telegraph from 16 August 2012
Top Unis like Oxford, Cambridge, Bristol, LSE and several others never put ANY courses into Clearing.

What does go into Clearing tends to be mostly 'lower' Unis or the more unpopular/obscure courses from other Unis.

Therefore if you are after something popular like English or Economics at 'top' Uni, you are likely to be unlucky. If you are after something less mainstream or are willing to accept a joint subject degree from a 'lower' Uni you might find something.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11

Would it be possible if you could check if Maths and Philosophy (GVC5) at the University of Leeds was on that list?
Reply 12

Why did you think it was worth mentioning you have a copy if you're not going to bother sharing it? Whether you personally think it means nothing is irrelevant (Wrong for a start anyway as there's consistencies year upon year for certain courses..)
Original post by Santorum
Why did you think it was worth mentioning you have a copy if you're not going to bother sharing it? Whether you personally think it means nothing is irrelevant (Wrong for a start anyway as there's consistencies year upon year for certain courses..)

completely agree :cool:
Reply 15
Original post by 0range
Would it be possible if you could check if Maths and Philosophy (GVC5) at the University of Leeds was on that list?

I have the paper from 2012. I couldn't find a section for Maths & Philosophy specifically, but I checked both Mathematics and Philosophy as separate subjects and couldn't find the University of Leeds present at all, in either list.

But as others have said, what happened last year bears no relation at all to what will happen this year.
Reply 16
Original post by crumpet1
i have the paper from 2012. I couldn't find a section for maths & philosophy specifically, but i checked both mathematics and philosophy as separate subjects and couldn't find the university of leeds present at all, in either list.

But as others have said, what happened last year bears no relation at all to what will happen this year.

thank you! I'll rep as soon as i recharge :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Crumpet1
I have the paper from 2012. I couldn't find a section for Maths & Philosophy specifically, but I checked both Mathematics and Philosophy as separate subjects and couldn't find the University of Leeds present at all, in either list.

No, this is wrong. This is the tripe teachers tell you and I'm not surprised to see it being regurgitated on here. As I correctly said earlier; there are certain courses that come up in clearing each year at some universities, there are consistencies year to year...
Reply 18
Original post by 0range

Just to add done more thing, the link that Chocip posted (final slide) says that Uni of Leeds wasn't in clearing at all last year, but is expecting some of its courses to be in clearing this year.
Original post by 0range
thank you! I'll rep as soon as i recharge :smile:

Hey :smile: Leeds is expecting to be in clearing this year if that helps.

I've been checking the clearing lists for the last two/three years or so, and to give you a vague idea, Oxbridge, imperial, LSE and UCL are virtually never in clearing.

A few good uni's that are in clearing: Leeds, Birmingham, Queen Mary, Surrey, Southampton .ect I'm pretty sure when I checked last year there were a lot of Maths courses (though I can't remember which uni's specifically, sorry!)

Hope that helps a little, feel free to ask if you have a question! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending