Turn on thread page Beta

Most interesting periods of history to learn about watch

ReputationRep:
    What would you say are the most interesting periods of history to learn about?

ReputationRep:
    age of dicscovery in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I love the medieval history of Spain, England and France from around 1000-1599 AD

ReputationRep:
    Byzantine Empire. End of discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Meiji Japan How a nation can modernise that quickly with success is remarkable.

ReputationRep:
    Islamic history is very interesting and would certainly help people better understand todays situation

ReputationRep:
    The transition of the Roman Republic to the Empire. It includes some of the biggest and most interesting characters in history.

Roma Victor!

ReputationRep:
    Ottoman Empire

ReputationRep:
    Britain during the enlightenment era.

ReputationRep:
    Fall of the Western Roman Empire. It's pretty amazing when you look at the time period between 376 AD and 576 AD. Did you know the Eastern Empire re-conquered Italy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubis)
    Ottoman Empire
    This too .

ReputationRep:
    I find the Nazis to be very interesting.... Watching a documentary about the holocaust recently... It really is just mind blowing how evil and how very organised it all was.

ReputationRep:
    Russia from the Tsars to Stalin's death is fascinating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I love the medieval history of Spain, England and France from around 1000-1599 AD
    !00% agree! I love the Plantagenets so much!

ReputationRep:
    Early Islamic conquests/Golden age.

ReputationRep:
    The Cretaceous period

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duchess eleanor)
    !00% agree! I love the Plantagenets so much!
    They're fascinating aren't they?

Are you watching the new series called "The White Queen" about Edward IV and his struggles to beat Lord Warwick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Are you watching the new series called "The White Queen" about Edward IV and his struggles to beat Lord Warwick?
    I know that you weren't asking me, but someone else asked me that question recently as I've recently been researching a lot about Richard III and his life before becoming king. Sadly, I haven't yet got round to watching it, but BBC iPlayer is my friend. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    I know that you weren't asking me, but someone else asked me that question recently as I've recently been researching a lot about Richard III and his life before becoming king. Sadly, I haven't yet got round to watching it, but BBC iPlayer is my friend. :woo:
    You should definitely watch it, it's amazing, although it can be a bit confusing to follow for anyone who knows nothing about the basic history timeline and characters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackjohn112)
    What would you say are the most interesting periods of history to learn about?
    World war 1 & 2 OH and Rome hails Ceaser

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.