The Student Room Group

travel grant (FS10) help

I am going to study in hawaii in September for one term (it will be my last year of study) can I apply for the travel grant to cover travel expenses over £300, as the flights are very expensive. Also do I need to provide my home university with the required forms or do you send them there automatically?

There were very few questions about my study abroad term on the main application for funding, and so I am unsure whether I should be expecting a SFE Travel Abroad Expenses Form in the post or not. Is there anyway to find out about this online

thanks

Calum
Hi there,

You form will be generated once application is processed.

We will only request evidence from you if you are applying for a Travel Grant.

Acceptable travel costs may include:

For a full year placement up to 3 return journeys between the UK and the overseas institution. The class and method of travel should be deemed appropriate (i.e. no business class flights)

Any necessary daily travel costs while abroad for the purposes of attending the institution

If you are a single parent and have dependant children , you can also claim for their travel costs

You can also claim for the Childcare Grant if your childcare provider is approved by the Ministry of Defence's accreditation scheme

Travel costs associated with clinical training, if you are required to attend a hospital or other premises outside of your institution in the UK

Mileage claims

The cost of medical insurance purchased for the purpose of studying abroad

The cost of visas and medical tests where these are a mandatory condition of entry to the host country

Acceptable evidence could include:

A letter from your university or college confirming the clinical placement / study abroad is an integral part of your course

Receipts for any costs incurred

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending