The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TheWolf
yes...it was refered to Luton, which is pretty rubbish tbf

Nice smilie wolfie
Note that the major financial companies (the JP Morgans etc) often hold LSE specific recruiting events.
MyNameIsNeo
Note that the major financial companies (the JP Morgans etc) often hold LSE specific recruiting events.

but they also hold them at imperial.
metalslug14
I can imagine JnJ, what sort of position you are in right now! And sorry for the spellings and the use slang and 'zzz and stuff. Was used to such kind of a language online; msn, chatting and etc. But have learned during this short time that people here do not appreciate such use of the language and often regards as the person being illiterate. So have learnt my lesson.
And far as my choice goes, am still confused. The voting results do kind of point towards Imperial (with 20 votes at present). Should I go for Imperial firm and LSE as insurance. Frankly speaking, I am going to go crazy/nutzzzzz one of these days :tongue:

No one can tell you, it's your choice at the end of the day. Would you rather be surrounded by scientists or social scientists?
Reply 44
Mysticmin
No one can tell you, it's your choice at the end of the day. Would you rather be surrounded by scientists or social scientists?

Well, it does not really bother me as in what kind of people I am surrounded by, as long as they are friendly and nice. Besides am good at making friends, not the kind of a guy who takes bull shyt from others, so if I am in a snobbish area and not taking bull shit would definately get me into loads of trouble and beaten up badly 99 times out of 100 as won't be in my neighbourhood :P.
So basically, one finds decent, nice, friendly people along with hot chicks any where. It just comes down to the content and quality of the course and the university reputation and the facilities offered and the coolness and hotness and stuff and bla bla bla. If You know what I mean :redface:
Basically, want to go for a degree which would keep my track of actuarial field open plus give me other career options. And the final goal is lots of money in a job that I love. But I guess, that is what everyone dreams of!
metalslug14
Well, it does not really bother me as in what kind of people I am surrounded by, as long as they are friendly and nice. Besides am good at making friends, not the kind of a guy who takes bull shyt from others, so if I am in a snobbish area and not taking bull shit would definately get me into loads of trouble and beaten up badly 99 times out of 100 as won't be in my neighbourhood :P.
So basically, one finds decent, nice, friendly people along with hot chicks any where. It just comes down to the content and quality of the course and the university reputation and the facilities offered and the coolness and hotness and stuff and bla bla bla. If You know what I mean :redface:
Basically, want to go for a degree which would keep my track of actuarial field open plus give me other career options. And the final goal is lots of money in a job that I love. But I guess, that is what everyone dreams of!

Like I said before then...imperial. I'm going to imperial anyway lol, that could be a good or bad thing.
Reply 46
Mysticmin
Like I said before then...imperial. I'm going to imperial anyway lol, that could be a good or bad thing.

Ahan, so Imperial it is... according to you :tongue: . hehe. By the way, am looking forward to meeting you, as long as am in London. (and prob. am going to be in LONDON, as it is IMPERIAL or LSE). :wink:
metalslug14
Ahan, so Imperial it is... according to you :tongue: . hehe. By the way, am looking forward to meeting you, as long as am in London. (and prob. am going to be in LONDON, as it is IMPERIAL or LSE). :wink:

Lol, london's a big place.
Reply 48
Mysticmin
Lol, london's a big place.

Well, how much time does it take to arrange a single meeting. :wink:
metalslug14
Well, how much time does it take to arrange a single meeting. :wink:

But I barely know you. No offence, I'm sure you're a nice guy, and we'll probably meet if you go to imperial. Imperial is quite a small place in respect to london. :smile:
Reply 50
Well, the Imperial dominated the poll in the beginning, and now it has shifted to LSE. Am even more confused between the two. Atleast this makes one thing clear in my mind, that LSE and Imperial are the best of my choices, and I should simply scratch off the rest (not that they are not any good; are the best). Now have to choose between LSE and Imperial. Shit, am still................ BLANK! HEeeeLp
Reply 51
If you want good sports facilities, as well as the reputation for maths, go for Bath. They are one of the top uni's for sport so they have some pretty good facilities.
Reply 52
Thank you Chicken. But I have kind of already ruled out Bath; not that it is not a good university, it is an amazing uni. climbin up the charts and no1 for math since a few years. I am an international student and the international reputation of the university counts, which I would say Bath is slightly behind ICL and LSE. Besides, I have heard that London is an unmatched city so would prefer to be in London (though expensive). So in the end, it comes down to ICL or LSE. Any advice with that? :smile:
Thanks again MATE.
Reply 53
metalslug14
Thank you Chicken. But I have kind of already ruled out Bath; not that it is not a good university, it is an amazing uni. climbin up the charts and no1 for math since a few years. I am an international student and the international reputation of the university counts, which I would say Bath is slightly behind ICL and LSE. Besides, I have heard that London is an unmatched city so would prefer to be in London (though expensive). So in the end, it comes down to ICL or LSE. Any advice with that? :smile:
Thanks again MATE.

Yeah, I'm sort of shifting towards IC also because of that!
Im making my decision between Warwick and Imperial.

Im an international student, so although Warwick should have
a really good mathematics department (some of the english maths
teachers have compared it to cambridge academic wise, but obviously
reputation thing is a whole new deal).

And also my friends that have lived or are studying in UK, say
that I should definately go to London. Should be an amazing city!
I'm not really keen on cities like Goventry and what not they have
around the University of Warick, haven't really heard that good things
about them at all..
Reply 54
Yea, I have also ruled out Warwick. Amazing reputation in the UK, a rising university and high teaching standards. But one factor, its in the middle of nowhere (kind of); have not heard anything good about there either. And well LONDON's LONDON. Besides, internationally, IMPERIAL has a better reputation. For me the competition's between IMPERIAL and LSE; both well known internationally and both in LONDON. So hell confused. JnJ, I guess you should be pretty sure about your choice of Imperial :smile:
Reply 55
Yeah I guess.
And I actually have a place for JMC (joint maths and computers)
at Imperial. So at imperial I could still choose between the joint course
and a full maths degree. The thing is that they only admit like 25 for
the JMC chourse, so its quite competitive. And its good cos I got an
offer from there already.

For Warwick, I got an offer from MMath.
And joint course with computers isnt nearly as good in warwick as in IC.
And about warwick maths, I read from their website this:

For the 2001 entry, we received about 1250 applications from 'home fees' candidates, almost all of whom were made an offer.

I was kinda surprised of this..
Well, Im still not sure whether to go for a full maths degree or joint.
Metalslug14, what subject have you applied for?
Reply 56
JnJ
Yeah I guess.
And I actually have a place for JMC (joint maths and computers)
at Imperial. So at imperial I could still choose between the joint course
and a full maths degree. The thing is that they only admit like 25 for
the JMC chourse, so its quite competitive. And its good cos I got an
offer from there already.

For Warwick, I got an offer from MMath.
And joint course with computers isnt nearly as good in warwick as in IC.
And about warwick maths, I read from their website this:

Regarding Warwick for Maths - someone I know was told by the admissions secretary that if you want to study Maths you are more or less guaranteed a place at Warwick despite their prospectus entry requirements.
I decided late about Maths cuz was thinking about medicine. When i called Warwick they were full so they don't accept anyone.
Will i be at a disacvantage doing Maths at Manchester as opposed to Warrick or Bath or other top ten universities.
Also i am doing Maths with English. Does anyone know how that effects chances of getting into finance/actuary?
JnJ

They make high offers.
Reply 59
Harry Potter
They make high offers.

Hmn, whats this then:
"Regarding Warwick for Maths - someone I know was told by the admissions secretary that if you want to study Maths you are more or less guaranteed a place at Warwick despite their prospectus entry requirements."

Latest

Trending

Trending