This discussion is closed.
mg84
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JnJ)
Hmn, whats this then:
"Regarding Warwick for Maths - someone I know was told by the admissions secretary that if you want to study Maths you are more or less guaranteed a place at Warwick despite their prospectus entry requirements."
It is likely that you are more or less guaranteed to be made an offer, but these are high enough to ensure that the only very good students can meet the requirements. They're hardly going to accept applicants with much less than stated in the prospectus, or their average entry score for Maths wouldn't be as high as 29.2.
JnJ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mg84)
It is likely that you are more or less guaranteed to be made an offer, but these are high enough to ensure that the only very good students can meet the requirements. They're hardly going to accept applicants with much less than stated in the prospectus, or their average entry score for Maths wouldn't be as high as 29.2.
Yeah, true. 29.2 avg score according to timesonline is quite high!
Actually third highest after oxbridge.

To quote the whole thing:
"For the 2001 entry, we received about 1250 applications from 'home fees' candidates, almost all of whom were made an offer. Two hundred and eighty applicants held our offer as their firm choice and 170 of these achieved the offer. We eventually accepted 215 students; of those not achieving the offer, the majority had failed to reach Grade 2 in STEP, but had four full A-levels, including an A in Further Mathematics."

Only 22% of those who got an offer for warwick maths actually put
warwick as their firm choice. Yeah, but Im convinced that maths should
be good at warwick.

So Im back to square one. I was already leaning towards Imperial for JMC
(or full maths if I change it when I get there). Damn.
metalslug14
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey,
I got an offer of BSc 'Math & Computer Science' (JMC) also. And yea, I would say Warwick is very good for math, especially its MORSE course sounds really interesting & attractive to me. But as I said, Imperial outweigh that interest. London factor and you know, Imperial; the name's pretty damn impressive. And LSE, got an offer for BSc 'Actuarial Science' from which I can also transfer to BSc 'Business Math & Statistics'. So JnJ, I would choose Imperial over Warwick any time.
And people, no one seems to be giving me advice on my situation, LSE or IMPERIAL. As I said earlier, the poll is now dominated by LSE voters, then Imperial, and then Warwick (JnJ, take the hint )
Take cares...
BYEz!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (3)
42.86%
No - I got the required grades (3)
42.86%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads