Unlocking your phone... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Elle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I have a Virgin Mobile.. and I need to unlock it, but apparently you have to spend over 30 pounds for them to send you the code. Does anyone know if there is another way of doing it? I know that a guy in our local market will do it, but I'm not sure if I trust him... hmmm.. any suggestions?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They all have a program to unlock the phone. The guy in the market is trustable, as he probably has bought one of those phone ebook thing, where it gives you all the programs you need to unlock the phone.
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
I have a Virgin Mobile.. and I need to unlock it, but apparently you have to spend over 30 pounds for them to send you the code. Does anyone know if there is another way of doing it? I know that a guy in our local market will do it, but I'm not sure if I trust him... hmmm.. any suggestions?
Do you want it working on all networks or what?
Elle
Rep:
?
(Original post by SHANDY)
Do you want it working on all networks or what?
Yeah..

might go to him then...
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had my phone chipped back in my ...what's the word....rebellious days. I'd go out in the morning skin up a joint and turn on my phone ten times and I'd get £100 credit. I never got caught and it always worked, then I put a number into my message centre and got free texts too.

Then a bus ran it over :mad:
Pencil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
It doesn't cost you £30 to unlock it. They won't take any money from you at all. You just need to have £30 or more in calling credit on your phone (which will remain on your phone even after it's un-locked).

If you want to unlock it without topping up, you can buy cables and software that will unlock it for free. You could try asking your friends if they know anyone that unlocks phones. However, with some of the new phones, cables don't work so you will have to pay.

Good luck with it.
Elle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil)
It doesn't cost you £30 to unlock it. They won't take any money from you at all. You just need to have £30 or more in calling credit on your phone (which will remain on your phone even after it's un-locked).

If you want to unlock it without topping up, you can buy cables and software that will unlock it for free. You could try asking your friends if they know anyone that unlocks phones. However, with some of the new phones, cables don't work so you will have to pay.

Good luck with it.
Ok cool, thanks for all you help!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads