Tips to treat eczema??

Watch
hellion
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If it's for your face invest in Champori cream. It, for the most part, cures my eczema until I stop using it. Alternatively you could add its active ingredient Indigo Naturalis to whatever cream you use.
Johnclave777
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Try out white field ointment i think this will work for you. While applying it may give a slit pain but will vanish
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Toilet water. I think I'm being totally serious. I have absolutely no idea how effective this is but my aunt used to use it on her son who used to suffer badly from eczema. She'd just rub the water on the skin. I don't know if it worked because I only saw her do it a couple of times about 12 years ago. I found it gross then and still find it gross now, but OP, if it doesn't gross you out then I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.
wtfCharlie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BanoffeePie94)
Hi,
I am new to the student room, hope this is the right place to post! I have bad eczema in patches around my face, under my eyes but worst on my eyelids. The doctor gave me eumovate ointment (it is a bit like Vaseline) but it has not really helped, and has not helped me in the long term. I have a good rich, plain moisturiser (I have quite dry skin) but this sometimes can still sting my worst eczema areas.

Does anyone have any tips on how to treat eczema?? Please reply if you do... A friend recently asked if I have been hit the eye... So I really want to sort this out!

Thank you!!
Acupuncture helped get rid of my full-body eczema when I was little so I would say worth a shot. Dead sea products - mud, salt - have also helped me a lot.
Lucy_95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I second Aveeno! I have eczema on my fingers, neck, face, and other most common areas, and this cream is good. It stung the first time though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jyukimi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I use ELOCON CREAM, but it has to prescribed by my doctor, so its a bit of a pain as I have to go and see him when I have ran out. I asked the doctor why I couldn't have a repeat prescription on it so I can just get more when I need it, and he said its because they do not advise us to use it on a long-term basis as it is quite "druggy"... but to be honest, each time I go I just show them my eczema and tell them I NEED Elocon to fix it and they will let me get one tube at a time.

I have quite serious eczema but not on my face, mainly my elbows, the back of my thigh and sometimes on my arms or wrist. I can sit here and use e45 and all those kind of creams but other than soothing the itching they do me absolutely no good. If I apply Elocon on the affected areas before I sleep, the redness and the eczema is pretty much all gone when I wake up, so obviously I wash and apply some more. It will take no longer than 24 hours for my eczema to completely disappear.
LinzyLoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know this might sound silly but also when you're washing your face, make sure you rinse SO THOROUGHLY. I mean rinse over and over a million times until you are 100% sure every trace of face wash is gone. You say your eyes are most affected so it might be that facewash is getting trapped around your eyes and eyelids when you are washing as you obviously close your eyes and might be screwing them up when you're throwing the water up onto your face when you're rinsing. I have eczema too, and it used to be bad on my eyelids, but when I started being really careful and making sure to have all my eyelid exposed when rinsing, it pretty much went away completely. I actually like Eumovate and it does the job when I have flare-ups. On my face, I only use it at night, and use Oilatum face repair cream as a moisturiser under makeup during the day.
lizz-ie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi,
I am new to the student room, hope this is the right place to post! I have bad eczema in patches around my face, under my eyes but worst on my eyelids. The doctor gave me eumovate ointment (it is a bit like Vaseline) but it has not really helped, and has not helped me in the long term. I have a good rich, plain moisturiser (I have quite dry skin) but this sometimes can still sting my worst eczema areas.

Does anyone have any tips on how to treat eczema?? Please reply if you do... A friend recently asked if I have been hit the eye... So I really want to sort this out!

Thank you!!
The only thing that doesn't make my eczema burn is the coconut body butter from the body shop
wasabi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wash your face with oatmeal. It is seriously good for eczema. Take a bath with sprinkled oatmeal.
LovelyHijabi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im not saying try my idea but My brother and they used salt and water and rubbed it on... Other wise try Shea butter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ayesha.Tabassam95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Last_Melon)
Moisturise a lot and get as much sunlight as you can, also reduce the amount of stress you're under.

File and trim your nails so that they are extremely short and smooth.
How do you reduce the stress??
And I really really do cut my nails short but even still I seem to wake up with a layer of dead skin on my bed... Gross I know.. But try waking up in it
The_Last_Melon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95)
How do you reduce the stress??
And I really really do cut my nails short but even still I seem to wake up with a layer of dead skin on my bed... Gross I know.. But try waking up in it
Find something that relaxes you without damaging you and do it regularly.
hellion
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You should try champori cream. It cured my eczema as much as eczema can be cured.
alexgr97
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had eczema most of my life, I was given this moisturiser and that moisturiser and none of them worked. You need a stronger steroid cream to treat the eczema (note it's never fully cured) and then put moisturiser on an hour or so later. Go to a GP, and they should prescribe Hydrocortisone. Put a little bit on the affected area, and it does seem to work eventually. Diprobase/Doublebase are good moisturisers to use. There are stronger steroid creams such as Fucidin and Betnovate. I did this and it completely changed my life.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I avoid soap and wool. Diprobase is good to use.
ermm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi,

Thank you!!
I had a very similar thing. My doctor prescribed me a mild steroid cream which calms the inflammation and then I put a moisturizer on constantly (when it's bad around 10 times a day, otherwise twice). It's helped a lot so far.
dippers
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Use steroid ointments, but use of it thins the skin, especially on a delicate area such as your face. Also use aqueous cream instead of using a face wash, or body wash. Find a really moisturising cream such as double base and use it 4 times a day. ( its good to put on before and after showering to lock moisture in). Hope this helps.
dippers
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alexgr97)
I had eczema most of my life, I was given this moisturiser and that moisturiser and none of them worked. You need a stronger steroid cream to treat the eczema (note it's never fully cured) and then put moisturiser on an hour or so later. Go to a GP, and they should prescribe Hydrocortisone. Put a little bit on the affected area, and it does seem to work eventually. Diprobase/Doublebase are good moisturisers to use. There are stronger steroid creams such as Fucidin and Betnovate. I did this and it completely changed my life.
This is literally me. Apart from the fact it changed your life! Aha! I'm left with white patches on my elbow on my brown skin
Anyone know anything that will make it go back to its original colour?
alexgr97
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dippers)
This is literally me. Apart from the fact it changed your life! Aha! I'm left with white patches on my elbow on my brown skin
Anyone know anything that will make it go back to its original colour?
I'd imagine there's something for it - see your GP or a dermatologist.
Hannah120995
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have psoriasis which is somewhat similar to eczema and I've found that hemp products work really well!

The body shop do a hemp body butter which is around £12 which is good for dry patches on your body (wouldn't recommend on your face though as it can make you oily)

For on your face I would say try either the hemp night cream (again from the body shop, around £10) for overnight as it's really rich and moisturising, or try the aloe range.

I use both the hemp and aloe range, but aloe is brilliant for if you have a skin condition because it's really gentle. I use their aloe foaming face wash, cleanser, day moisturiser and face mask and it's worked wonders for me!

I used to have really big patches of dry flakey skin in my face (especially around my nose, eyebrows and forehead) but it's gone completely after using bodyshop stuff for a few months.

Hope you find something that works for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (197)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (564)
14.47%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (439)
11.26%
Lack of purpose or motivation (537)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (193)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (233)
5.98%
Loneliness (329)
8.44%
Financial worries (143)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (153)
3.93%
Exposure to negative news/social media (175)
4.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (219)
5.62%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (350)
8.98%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (366)
9.39%

Watched Threads