The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Idle
My point was if someone sits in their bedroom all day and then doesn't find anyone that isn't because there isn't anyone. No one is really on about staying with someone for eternity here it's that it's no where near impossible to go out and find someone you get on with and potentially like.

I'm sure if you got 500 people in a room and made them all talk to each other there would be at-least one that each made some kind of connection with.

True, you've got to get out there, but your original point was that there are 7 billion people so chances are on your side, when in reality chances of finding the right person who you will stay with (which people in this thread clearly desire) are not as hopeful as you may believe.

Making a connection doesn't mean much. It's pretty clear people in this thread and people generally have made many connections with people; that doesn't mean they have found someone. The amount of dating sites, 'lonely hearts', divorce rates, etc. are a strong indicator that finding the right partner is not easy.
Original post by bottled
have you just tried telling him what you feel???!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

I would do, but I don't want to ruin the friendship we have right now. And also, I don't think he wants a relationship with anyone..:/
Reply 82
Original post by Bratterz_xoxo
Well, i'm in a ranting mood..so everyone else go ahead and join in! :wink:

I'm so annoyed right now.. it sucks and hurts so much knowing that you're fighting for someone but still, you can't have them. I always feel like i'm not good enough for him in many ways.. it gets me down so much. I feel like there's maybe a little glimmer of hope..that maybe he will like me one day. But it's probably slim to none.. because I think he views me as one of the guys. Friendzones sucks if I knew how to get out of the stupid thing, I would do! It's so hard. I wish I had like some magic dust to make him magically fall in love with me >.< it'd make my life a whole lot easier..

So, there's my rant. You can put yours about wanting someone you can't have.. just let it all out :biggrin:

I can relate but for me, the girl I was infatuated with left the country for a while :frown: It made moving on easier I guess, but I didn't want to move on as I really liked her. She's now back and I have spoken to her, but this time I don't feel as infatuated anymore. Just keep the faith, you never know what the future will bring you :smile:
Reply 83
I would do, but I don't want to ruin the friendship we have right now. And also, I don't think he wants a relationship with anyone..:/

ooh, one of those things where you tell him and you think he'll go all weird on you?
what makes you think he wouldn't go for it anyways?
Original post by IDukem
I can relate but for me, the girl I was infatuated with left the country for a while :frown: It made moving on easier I guess, but I didn't want to move on as I really liked her. She's now back and I have spoken to her, but this time I don't feel as infatuated anymore. Just keep the faith, you never know what the future will bring you :smile:

Well, it's good that you're not as infatuated :smile: And I'll try! And that's true ^_^
Reply 85
Well, it's good that you're not as infatuated :smile: And I'll try! And that's true ^_^

I still think of the 'what ifs', but if I do start developing feelings for her again, i'll tell her this time purely based on the previous experience of...I guess heartache through not telling her last time :tongue:
Original post by bottled
ooh, one of those things where you tell him and you think he'll go all weird on you?
what makes you think he wouldn't go for it anyways?

Yeah! Exactly that.. I just don't want him to go all freaked out with me.. I don't think he would. He'd just brush it off if you know what I mean..but it would just make me feel awkward because I know he doesn't like me any more than a friend I don't think..

And I don't know, I just don't think i'm his time. I mean, we both have loaaads in common and we get along great etc but I just don't think he'd like me like that.. :frown:
Original post by IDukem
I still think of the 'what ifs', but if I do start developing feelings for her again, i'll tell her this time purely based on the previous experience of...I guess heartache through not telling her last time :tongue:

That's always a good thing to do! Then you know for sure if she likes you back :smile: And it's always good to get it over and done with. I'm sure it'd make you feel better :smile:
Reply 88
Yeah! Exactly that.. I just don't want him to go all freaked out with me.. I don't think he would. He'd just brush it off if you know what I mean..but it would just make me feel awkward because I know he doesn't like me any more than a friend I don't think..

And I don't know, I just don't think i'm his time. I mean, we both have loaaads in common and we get along great etc but I just don't think he'd like me like that.. :frown:

ey, as someone just from the internet, take everything i say with a grain of salt. but the main reason why some people lose their love interests is because they spend so much time twiddling their thumbs, someone else who's more decisive decides to take them from you.
i mean, it's not like he has a girlfriend or something right?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bottled
ey, as someone just from the internet, take everything i say with a grain of salt. but the main reason why some people lose their love interests is because they spend so much time twiddling their thumbs, someone else who's more decisive decides to take them from you.
i mean, it's not like he has a girlfriend or something right?

Very good point.. it's because most of the time, people don't act upon their feelings...and well atleast they're still friends!!! That's awesome :smile:
Reply 90
Very good point.. it's because most of the time, people don't act upon their feelings...and well atleast they're still friends!!! That's awesome :smile:

Before i continue, i just wanna say i'm not trying to pull your arm into doing something you won't like to. but whatever.

anyways, i managed to pluck up the courage and tell my friend that i liked her. i failed like no man's business probably because of the way i said it lol, but the next morning everything went back to normal.

are you sure you aren't just iunno, underestimating him? perhaps he'll be wierd for a day or two, then like everything goes back to normal. I mean, you know him, you're friends with him and judging by what your DP looks like, it's not like you look ugly or whatever.

good luck whatever you do tho
Original post by bottled
Before i continue, i just wanna say i'm not trying to pull your arm into doing something you won't like to. but whatever.

anyways, i managed to pluck up the courage and tell my friend that i liked her. i failed like no man's business probably because of the way i said it lol, but the next morning everything went back to normal.

are you sure you aren't just iunno, underestimating him? perhaps he'll be wierd for a day or two, then like everything goes back to normal. I mean, you know him, you're friends with him and judging by what your DP looks like, it's not like you look ugly or whatever.

good luck whatever you do tho

Oh don't worry! I know :smile:

And well atleast she was fine with it straight away. And it's good that you're still friends :biggrin:

I have no idea..maybe I am.. it's just this fear I have I guess.. and it's just the 'what if' i'll lose him kinda thing. Because in all honesty he's one of my best friends..which is the main reason I don't want to lose him because I love having him in my life..and he knows me so well he knows every single thing about me. I basically tell him everything. And awwh thanks :smile: but I don't think i'm really his type ahaha
Story of my life. I always find the person I like is out of my league. I was pretty smitten with a male friend of mine for a few years. A mutual, female friend used to tease me about how my male friend and I would one day get together. That never happened. It turned out that my male friend was interested in my female friend the entire time.
Original post by Ladyliesel
Story of my life. I always find the person I like is out of my league. I was pretty smitten with a male friend of mine for a few years. A mutual, female friend used to tease me about how my male friend and I would one day get together. That never happened. It turned out that my male friend was interested in my female friend the entire time.

Awwh :frown: I bet you felt awful :frown: It's so hurtful when things like that happens!
Reply 94
This always happens but this time I thought it would be different I was wrong. I don't what I am doing wrong I get told I am beautiful but this guy just does not like me at all forever alone I would rather single and unhappy then be with someone I don't like Single all the way.
Well, atleast you're done with him. He's seriously not worth any of your time if he's acting like that..

Yeah, but part of me wonders if what if that was the best I could get. I'm not exactly attractive.
Reply 96
****, that last one was me replying to you, I went anonymous at first, then decided not to bother and then it went back to being anonymous for some reason.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, but part of me wonders if what if that was the best I could get. I'm not exactly attractive.

Don't worry! I always think that about myself too..hence the reason why I think i'm not good enough :frown: But I honestly think you'll find someone :smile: There's someone out there for everyone! :biggrin:
Original post by Harley
****, that last one was me replying to you, I went anonymous at first, then decided not to bother and then it went back to being anonymous for some reason.

Hahaha don't worry about it! :biggrin:
Well, i'm in a ranting mood..so everyone else go ahead and join in! :wink:

I'm so annoyed right now.. it sucks and hurts so much knowing that you're fighting for someone but still, you can't have them. I always feel like i'm not good enough for him in many ways.. it gets me down so much. I feel like there's maybe a little glimmer of hope..that maybe he will like me one day. But it's probably slim to none.. because I think he views me as one of the guys. Friendzones sucks if I knew how to get out of the stupid thing, I would do! It's so hard. I wish I had like some magic dust to make him magically fall in love with me >.< it'd make my life a whole lot easier..

So, there's my rant. You can put yours about wanting someone you can't have.. just let it all out :biggrin:

Yep it does, been there got the t-shirt, you feel like you'll never meet anyone else in your life, that kind of feeling right? But smile, don't worry, stick to fingers (in your mind) to people who don't feel like that about you, chances are it's for a good reason, someone who will love you as much as you love them is waiting, see it as an opportunity, go out and kick a** girl :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending