a levels in hong kong 8 hours earlier

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
a levels are taken 8 hours earlier i hong kong's english schools therefore they could post the questions after the exam there to help us.

so if anyone in hong kong is reading, please post!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
no, we have to sit exams at the same time as you guys, which means pretty late sometimes. This rule was put in effect since some, would you believe, cheated-or tried to- using this fact...
debog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so wot is the most rediculas time you've had to take an exam?
Guest_Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
no, we have to sit exams at the same time as you guys, which means pretty late sometimes. This rule was put in effect since some, would you believe, cheated-or tried to- using this fact...
Is this the first year then? I heard something about it in the news last summer. I'm suprised this loophole hadn't been nipped in the bud sooner.
XXXNICEGUYXXX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i had to start my edexcel dual award bio at 5:30pm... same with maths and quite a few other ones...
since we are doing edexcel and OCR (UCLES), they made a few mistakes...
for example, there was a history paper that ppl in hong kong had started at 12 noon, where as ppl were gonna start it here at 5pm.
a few ppl cheated that i'm a aware of
the school then changed the times for some of these exams... all UCLES
BEn
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i'm in malaysia, took the edexcel exams too
ridiculous time? haha..i love the time..i could sleep until noon and head for exams which will start few hours later
took puremaths1 6:30-8:00pm
chem1&2 12:34-3:00pm
physics1&2 4:45-7:30pm
mechanics 19may, around noon

if any country took the papers earlier..the international lines would be jammed up
XXXNICEGUYXXX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
tut tut i'm also in malaysia.. and have 4 more exams left... here are the times i'm taking them... u have to -7 hours to get the time in the UK

Monday: Dual Award Chem- 13.00- 14.30
English- 17.00- 19.00
Tuesday: Maths calculator- 12.30- 14.30
thats june 9 and 10...
i'm quite happy that i get to sleep in a bit.. as i usually revise until like 5am
haha
Ben
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (294)
34.23%
No (565)
65.77%

Watched Threads