Glastonbury - Is it worth going?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
If I can have my opp quick enough I should be fully recovered by June so hopefully will be able to go to Gllastenbury (I have been invited by some mates) however is it worth going?
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Rhetorical question?
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
If I can have my opp quick enough I should be fully recovered by June so hopefully will be able to go to Gllastenbury (I have been invited by some mates) however is it worth going?
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nah

Reading Fest is though

*blatant attempt to get people wound up into an argument
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
nah

Reading Fest is though

*blatant attempt to get people wound up into an argument
I very much enjoyed reading, and from what Pencil Queen says glastonbury sounds great, and my mates want to go, so I might go to both this year.

Btw, I am literally in love with your avatar
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
I very much enjoyed reading, and from what Pencil Queen says glastonbury sounds great, and my mates want to go, so I might go to both this year.

Btw, I am literally in love with your avatar
same here, makes me happy every time i post still haven't got any good rep for it though *hint hint*

going on holiday the day after Reading so the last thing i need is another fest, really wanna see Oasis though
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*tries to resist urge to start waffling about Glastonbury again*

*remembers how quickly tickets sold out last year and that tickets go on sale this year at the rediculous time of 8PM*

It's awful - waste of money....noone should go or even bother trying to get tickets
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)

I dont think so either. I live near Glastonbury and I think the fes isnt as gud as Reading or Ediburgh.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loppy_lou)
I dont think so either. I live near Glastonbury and I think the fes isnt as gud as Reading or Ediburgh.
You live near Glastonbury?

Have you actually been there?

I lived near Legoland windsor for a year but never quite got round to visiting the place....I wouldn't think sharing a post code with a venue would add anything to my opinion of it.
two_headed_monk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
indubitably.
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
You live near Glastonbury?

Have you actually been there?

I lived near Legoland windsor for a year but never quite got round to visiting the place....I wouldn't think sharing a post code with a venue would add anything to my opinion of it.
Yeh I live about 15 mins away from Glastonbury not even that.
Been a few times.

I think the ticket prices are a rip off.
But i suppose its your own choice if you wanna waste £100+ on something you will properly be disappointed with.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loppy_lou)
Yeh I live about 15 mins away from Glastonbury not even that.
Been a few times.

I think the ticket prices are a rip off.
But i suppose its your own choice if you wanna waste £100+ on something you will properly be disappointed with.
I take it that you paid full price then and were disappointed?

Not lucky enough to get a local-Sunday only ticket (actually come to think about it I haven't heard anything about local tickets for a few years - did they get cancelled after the kerfuffles in 2000?).

Personally I've paid £40 in the past to got to a single 1 night gig....spending 3 times that for 7 days of entertainment doesn't seem to unreasonable to me.

And I've never once been disappointed - even when our tent blew down in 97 and we had to spend the festival sleeping in the car...and then the other stage started sinking so half the acts were cancelled on the friday...and then the power cut out 10 minutes into the prodigy's performance....and I missed the bands I really wanted to see because my mates started *****ing and moaning...etc etc (ie on the surface if anyone was going to be disappointed that festival would have done it - and yet I had the time of my life )
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can't go this year because of exams and my best mates birthday but I reallyyyy want to And to make it worse my bf is going too
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*starts making plans for fancy dress saturday*

Anyone got any ideas?

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/i...pic=19283&st=0
Lupin Loopy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
YES - GO!

I can't believe that I live so close, yet have never been *curses exams*
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Reading Festival is the way forward, you have not lived until you go to Reading.
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
when is glastonbury this yr? id love to go one yr... got blasted exams all within 1 week.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Moochy)
when is glastonbury this yr? id love to go one yr... got blasted exams all within 1 week.
hold on I'll check which week I've booked my holidays from work on....

The bands will be playing from June 25th-27th

I will be there from June 23rd-28th
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
hold on I'll check which week I've booked my holidays from work on....

The bands will be playing from June 25th-27th

I will be there from June 23rd-28th
Are you doing Car Parking? I may be doing that.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And tickets go on sale (£120 including postage and booking fee) a week on thrusday - April the 1st at 8PM. Only switch cards will be accepted (or cheque if paying over the phone)...and only 2 tickets per card. All tickets will contain identification so transferring tickets is not possible.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads