Watch
This discussion is closed.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Are you doing Car Parking? I may be doing that.
Nah if I was working there I'd get there on the Tuesday.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Reading Festival is the way forward, you have not lived until you go to Reading.
Gig in a carpark
It's just a gig in a carpark
Gig in a car park
It's just a gig in a car park

MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Nah if I was working there I'd get there on the Tuesday.
Well...I dunno what day it starts, but I know Im doing Car Parking so I get a free ticket.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Gig in a carpark
It's just a gig in a carpark
Gig in a car park
It's just a gig in a car park

What???

Im working at Galstonbury in the car park when the people arrive, then when everyone has come, I get to go to se the bands?

I also am going to reading. Reading is much better than Glastonbury. :cool:
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well...I dunno what day it starts, but I know Im doing Car Parking so I get a free ticket.
And camping in the staff area - and you'll be allowed to arrive on tuesday.

I'd be jealous except I really love having a nice gentle wednesday and thursday bimbling around the stalls etc...I'd hate to spend my time working.

Reading doesn't appeal to me at all - being sent back to your tent at a certain time - being forced to use turdis's (no lovely clean longdrops)...plus the fact that mean fiddler get the profits (rather than Greenpeace, Oxfam and WaterAid getting the lions share).

And there's no stone circle :eek:
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What???
Sorry - running joke on the Glastonbury forum of the efests website
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums
Moochy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hold on I'll check which week I've booked my holidays from work on....

The bands will be playing from June 25th-27th

I will be there from June 23rd-28th
interesting... my last exam is on the 25th.
ill have to find a loada ppl to go with. hardly anyone i know are ppl who wud go to glastonbury...boring sods
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Moochy)
interesting... my last exam is on the 25th.
ill have to find a loada ppl to go with. hardly anyone i know are ppl who wud go to glastonbury...boring sods
I go on my own - it's friendly enough to be an option

(for me it's the best option - my friends were the worst part of going the first time in 97)

But at the same time you're going to have quite a stressy time if you don't arrive until Friday afternoon (the bands start at 10:30am)...unless you can get some friends to arrive before you with your stuff and pitch a tent for you...there is not a lot of camping space left after Thursday evening (which is why I get there on wednesday).
wiffmaster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
If I can have my opp quick enough I should be fully recovered by June so hopefully will be able to go to Gllastenbury (I have been invited by some mates) however is it worth going?
PAUL MCARTNEY. Enough said. Washed up nobody, living off 'achivements' 40 years old. So now he just plays those stupid bottles instead, attention seeker. Avoid Glastonbury like the plague, it's a waste of time and money.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
knew it wouldn't take long for a Reading V Glastonbury debate

having never been to Glasto i can't comment

i am going to reading again for the 3rd year in a row and in fact i will say it, Reading is better
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Erm so far the vote is nearing towards Reading, also I would imagine Reading is a bit nearer to me. (about 180 miles?)
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Erm so far the vote is nearing towards Reading, also I would imagine Reading is a bit nearer to me. (about 180 miles?)
depends on the music you are in to, for example Reading does have a few indie bands but Glasto is mainly indie based.

look on the e-festivals site, check out the rumoured lineups and see whats best
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by sillynarb2)
depends on the music you are in to, for example Reading does have a few indie bands but Glasto is mainly indie based.

I am a huge indie fan, to the point of trying to put on a couple of indie club nights. However that dosn't mean to say I don't like other music as I also like folk. The only music I don't really like is most dance ( I like some but not must) and the modern RNB stuff/gansta rap.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wouldn't trust the rumoured line ups for glastonbury yet - the official line up wont be released until the Wednesday before the festival and after last years touting of tickets Micheal Eavis is making a real effort to keep the majority of the line up under wraps until the tickets have all been sold/sorted out (especially if Oasis play )

Also by my count there are 8 votes for going to Glasto (Mattg, Ollie, me, 2-headed monk, lopinloopy, moochy and riz)
and 4 votes for reading (sillynarb2, loppy lou, mad caddie and wiffmaster)

PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
However it might be worth checking out the reading and glasto forums: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/i...p?showforum=12
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/i...hp?showforum=4
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
e-festivals are normally very reliable

and got to agree with the Oasis thing

really got to see them, but i have no way near enough money
AT82
Rep:
?
Ok now for some practical things about Glasonbury. What happens when you pitch a tent up? What I mean is how do you know it won't get nicked as we can't stay with the tent all day. Do we have to carry the tent round with us?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
e-festivals are normally very reliable

and got to agree with the Oasis thing

really got to see them, but i have no way near enough money
true - neil's very good but he's admitted having more difficulty than the last few years getting hold of decent rumours.

(ps bear in mind that the rumoured lineups on e-fests cover more than one page (4 in the case of glasto, 2 in the case of reading)
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok now for some practical things about Glasonbury. What happens when you pitch a tent up? What I mean is how do you know it won't get nicked as we can't stay with the tent all day. Do we have to carry the tent round with us?
No you don't carry the tent round with you - however you do take out all valuables (and either carry them with you or put them in the free lock ups scattered around the site) and you do *not* put a padlock on the tent (it just shouts "I contain valuables - slit me open with a penknife").

Most people make friends with the people camping around them (like last year I camped near dad's flag with the e-fests crowd - there was always someone around who would sort out anyone hanging around acting dodgy).
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
guess it's the same as Reading, never problems with tents nicked in my experience
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.06%
No (604)
65.94%

Watched Threads