Glastonbury - Is it worth going? Watch

This discussion is closed.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
true - neil's very good but he's admitted having more difficulty than the last few years getting hold of decent rumours.

(ps bear in mind that the rumoured lineups on e-fests cover more than one page (4 in the case of glasto, 2 in the case of reading)

yeah, one of the rumours was even thanks to my e-mail

The offspring said 'see you in the summer' at their show, reading is there sort of fest, they played there 2 years ago, i can't see them touring again this year so it makes sense

so this is why i sent it
LarryCucumber
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
We r trying to find a soul mate for our friend she has a blue jansport back pack with 4-5 pockets and a label on the strap if u know someone with a similar backpack please give us his first name and what state he lives in (make someone up)
LarryCucumber
Report 15 years ago
Never mind scratch that no soul mate
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Also by my count there are 8 votes for going to Glasto (Mattg, Ollie, me, 2-headed monk, lopinloopy, moochy and riz)
and 4 votes for reading (sillynarb2, loppy lou, mad caddie and wiffmaster)
I would vote for Glastonbury because its more my type of music. However if you're into heavier stuff, then Reading is the better festival.

Oh and PQ - Reading is not in a carpark - its in a field by the Thames where they normally keep cows! There is a carpark for the leisure centre next door, but thats about it. Oh and the inductrial estate. But is actually in a feild!

Personally I am going to V though, as the first day of Glasto clashes with the day i'm going to see the Chili's in Hyde Park.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
By heavier stuff its not going to be all heavy metal is it? That would be shear hell, stuff like Morrisey Oasis or White Stripes I can handle.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/i...howtopic=19136

Says more than I ever could

I know Reading isn't really a carpark - but at the same time it's not somewhere as beautiful as Worthy Farm either.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
By heavier stuff its not going to be all heavy metal is it? That would be shear hell, stuff like Morrisey Oasis or White Stripes I can handle.
They have (apparently) The White Stripes, THe Darkness...and then it goes into the realms of Blink 182 and other stuff on the ska/metal side. I wouldn't recommend Reading if you are just into indie stuff.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
They have (apparently) The White Stripes, THe Darkness...and then it goes into the realms of Blink 182 and other stuff on the ska/metal side. I wouldn't recommend Reading if you are just into indie stuff.
last year you had indie such as Blur, OkGO and franz ferdinand, Muse(guess we can call them indie)

you will also have White Stripes and the Darkness

you do get heavy bands, e.g Metallica, Slipknot, Linkin PArk

then the poppier stuff like Offspring, blink 182, New Found Glory etc
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
also you have the dance tent where we have had stuff like Spooks, The Streets etc
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
you do get heavy bands, e.g Metallica, Slipknot, Linkin PArk
whereas you're unlikely to find any band which has a mosh-pit type following playing at Glastonbury - Mr Eavis got very scared of these things after Roskilde (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/814116.stm ) and the dangerous overcrowding in Glasto 2000.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
whereas you're unlikely to find any band which has a mosh-pit type following playing at Glastonbury - Mr Eavis got very scared of these things after Roskilde (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/814116.stm ) and the dangerous overcrowding in Glasto 2000.

yeah when things get mad and heavy it can be scary

Ataris at Reading last year was mental, way too many people in the smallest tent, it was mental, i know people did faint in that 1 but it was scary stuff towards the end, especialy if you end up at the bottom of a massive crush(like i did there )

luckily most people at concerts are friendly and help you up straight as they knock you down
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
going to be a good summer for gigs.

June 23rd: Cardiff red hot chili peppers! got an exam in the morning mind! lol
exam on morning of 25th yuck yuck yuck
June 25th-27th leave after exam for glastonbury!

August 22nd: second day of V festival: the strokes, the pixies and massive attack, more bands to be announced....

tis a good summer to leave sixth form.....

oh anybody know about the glastonbury tickets-they say you need to use a debit card, what if its your parents card, do they put their name on the ticket?? (cus they bought it?) because u need to show I.D. with you ticket when u go in.
Lupin Loopy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Well...I dunno what day it starts, but I know Im doing Car Parking so I get a free ticket.
How did you manage to swing that one?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
oh anybody know about the glastonbury tickets-they say you need to use a debit card, what if its your parents card, do they put their name on the ticket?? (cus they bought it?) because u need to show I.D. with you ticket when u go in.
AFAIK the name on the card does not need to match the name on the ticket (although I have a feeling that the tickets will be sent to the cardholders address).

Every ticket needs to have a name and address assigned to it when purchased and if there are 2 tickets per card then that means at least half the tickets won't be in the cardholders name.

I think the only possible problem is if you were buying over the phone and they asked to speak to the cardholder - you just need to make sure your parents are around that night.

(btw I would *not* attempt to buy tickets solely over the internet - aloud.com took up to 3 hours to be accessible last year....net+phone seems like the best option)
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (221)
13.82%
Impatient (204)
12.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise