The Student Room Group

advice from asian girls

hi would like some advice from asian girls as to what they look at in a guy, whatever i do it backfires and i dont get very far , this is not a troll im being serious.

Scroll to see replies

I don't think what we look for in a guy would differ from that of any non-Asian girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
yes but it always backfires they not really keen on asian men these days?
Reply 3
Hi Mercedes - I haven't seen your token asian posts in a while, I was beginning to think you were dead.
Original post by Mercedes12

Erm according to you you blast your music out of your car, wear (small name) "designer clothes" paid for by your mum and dad, boast about your wealth etc.... (Or your parents)

And you're asking why Asian girls don't like you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Perhaps you haven't met enough Asian girls. I don't think it's reasonable to generalize that every Asian girl only looks for non-Asian guys. Yes, there is a fair amount who goes for non-Asian guys but there are also those who goes for only Asian guys and similarly, those who simply does not have a preference. Perhaps the reason why you're saying it always 'backfires' is because of you being close-minded, that can be off-putting to girls in general.
Reply 6
Hi,

I'm as Asian girl. I look for these qualities in ANY man, regardless of his background.

My biggest attraction is personality. A great personality at that. A nice smile and eyes too = I'm sold :biggrin:. Ultimately though, I know if I have a connection with someone and I like men who are educated I'm the sense that I can hold a conversation with them.

I don't tend to be attracted to Asian guys as I find a vast majority of them rude, very close minded, they brag about their lifestyles, and they have backwards expectations for women. I don't agree with any of that. BUT I remain optimistic that I will eventually meet an Asian guy who isn't like that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by de_monies
Agreed. My "gf" pointed out things like that as well.... ie: a lot can be pretty myopic, like to show off (with their parents money), and can be pretty racist/sexist as well

I don't mean any offense, but I think the OP is on about S. Asian girls.

Have a look see here on his views about Asian girls:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2351735

Bros. They;re everywhere :facepalm2:

They always get excited when they see my boyfriend and me because he's Asian and I'm not. Usually throw some casual racism at us "bro why u bangin a white girl?" or something like that :rofl:
(edited 10 years ago)
Agreed. My "gf" pointed out things like that as well.... ie: a lot can be pretty myopic, like to show off (with their parents money), and can be pretty racist/sexist as well

I don't mean any offense, but I think the OP is on about S. Asian girls.

Hm, in any case, I suppose South Asian girls in general lean towards Asian men even more since they are known for having traditional parents who usually only accept those that are from the same race when it comes to their daughter's partner. So that being the case, it's quite unusual that the OP still seem to have a problem with Asian girls? If the problem doesn't lie within the girls, then surely it must be the OP?
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Bros. They;re everywhere :facepalm2:

They always get excited when they see my boyfriend and me because he's Asian and I'm not. Usually throw some casual racism at us "bro why u bangin a white girl?" or something like that :rofl:

Oh wow. Though I shouldn't be surprised. I do know some Asians that are racist :angry:

(I'm Asian as well)

Original post by awkwardchild
Hm, in any case, I suppose South Asian girls in general lean towards Asian men even more since they are known for having traditional parents who usually only accept those that are from the same race when it comes to their daughter's partner. So that being the case, it's quite unusual that the OP still seem to have a problem with Asian girls? If the problem doesn't lie within the girls, then surely it must be the OP?

Agreed, and agreed again. Have you SEEN his past posts?
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh wow. Though I shouldn't be surprised. I do know some Asians that are racist :angry:

(I'm Asian as well)

You get racism on both sides, the funniest one was we had someone fresh film us and get over excited. :lol: Usually bros and chavs are the ones who make comments but luckily it doesn't happen much :awesome:
You get racism on both sides, the funniest one was we had someone fresh film us and get over excited. :lol: Usually bros and chavs are the ones who make comments but luckily it doesn't happen much :awesome:

Oh wow. That seems pretty sad.... Maybe he was gonna show his dad or something? Can I ask what "bros" are?
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh wow. That seems pretty sad.... Maybe he was gonna show his dad or something? Can I ask what "bros" are? That being said, my girl is hidden from every one :tongue:

Haha he seemed so happy about it :lol:

Best way I can describe them is like Asian chavs. Usually seen in groups of three, there's a fat one, a leader one and a thick one. And they say things like "bro that was well gay" "bro don't take the piss" in that accent that I can only describe as a mixture of freshie/chav. Wear branded clothes with their mum's jewellery and rep a Hitler youth hair style. Often drive ****ty cars around the estates and mix with girls who wear HUUUUUUUUUUGE Hijabs and loads of makeup an chew gum like it's going out of fashion. Think they're hardcore because they smoke some shisha. Usually a little bit racist.

Bros is the Birmingham term for them. Obviously those are some massive generalisations but you get the idea :rofl:
Reply 13

Best way I can describe them is like Asian chavs. Usually seen in groups of three, there's a fat one, a leader one and a thick one. And they say things like "bro that was well gay" "bro don't take the piss" in that accent that I can only describe as a mixture of freshie/chav. Wear branded clothes with their mum's jewellery and rep a Hitler youth hair style. Often drive ****ty cars around the estates and mix with girls who wear HUUUUUUUUUUGE Hijabs and loads of makeup an chew gum like it's going out of fashion. Think they're hardcore because they smoke some shisha. Usually a little bit racist.

Bros is the Birmingham term for them. Obviously those are some massive generalisations but you get the idea :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DOlwLs9unA

:rofl:

I forgot about him, he's so funny :tongue: But yeah, that's a Bro... :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)

(I'm Asian as well)

Agreed, and agreed again. Have you SEEN his past posts?

Haha, yes, I just did. Starting to think if this dude is trolling or not.
And, after reading his posts, I'm beginning to think that the reason he's not getting any attention from Asian girls is because he simply doesn't understand the simple mechanics of dating and relationships - you don't simply get girls by dressing in expensive clothing from head to toe.

Ah I get you. We have those. But hey if you mean by Hitler youth haircut, I get my hair cut pretty short, because it looks neater like that?

Tbf, even the young ones are pretty bad. There was an 8 year old (chavvy) guy. Someone parked in "my" space, so I parked on the other side

Any way he said "Bro, where's your car"
"Erm on the other side"
"You can't drive"
"Yes I can. I've been driving for about 8 months now"
"You don't know how to drive. I've seen you with your hands doing this and this, at the bottom of the street, going slowly"

(Bear in mind, that I live on a hill, and you kinda have to turn at the bottom.... And he wanted me to go fast on a Yorkshire hill? )

"Erm OK, but I obviously can drive when I've driven to Edinburgh and to London before"
"Chat"
"Erm I have pics if you really want to see... "
"Bro when did you go to London"
"Erm when I was at uni in ***** "
"Bro how long did it take to get there?"
"Erm maybe 2 or 3 hours"
"Bro, I'd get you to London in 1 hour"

A plane takes about an hour to get to London from here... (and then you have to go to the airport as well)
(edited 10 years ago)
Ah I get you. We have those. But hey if you mean by Hitler youth haircut, I get my hair cut pretty short, because it looks neater like that?

Tbf, even the young ones are pretty bad. There was an 8 year old (chavvy) guy. Someone parked in "my" space, so I parked on the other side

Any way he said "Bro, where's your car"
"Erm on the other side"
"You can't drive"
"Yes I can. I've been driving for about 8 months now"
"You don't know how to drive. I've seen you with your hands doing this and this, at the bottom of the street, going slowly"

(Bear in mind, that I live on a hill, and you kinda have to turn at the bottom.... And he wanted me to go fast on a Yorkshire hill? )

"Erm OK, but I obviously can drive when I've driven to Edinburgh and to London before"
"Bro when did you go to London"
"Erm when I was at uni in ***** "
"Bro how long did it take to get there?"
"Erm maybe 2 or 3 hours"
"Bro, I'd get you to London in 1 hour"

A plane takes longer to get to London than an hour....

It's not short, they have it like bald at the sides and long on top, always the same haircut :tongue:

Yes exactly LOl they're like that. We have loads of them and they're both hilarious and annoying. At my college there were so many. Usually they're harmless though

I think OP is definitely one tho. :mmm:
hi would like some advice from asian girls as to what they look at in a guy, whatever i do it backfires and i dont get very far , this is not a troll im being serious.

I look to see that he:

1) is a God-fearing, observant Muslim
2) Has good manners and character
3) A good role model for children

Not essential but preferably:

1) Has a funny, light personality
2) Reasonable income
It's not short, they have it like bald at the sides and long on top, always the same haircut :tongue:

Yes exactly LOl they're like that. We have loads of them and they're both hilarious and annoying. At my college there were so many. Usually they're harmless though

I think OP is definitely one tho. :mmm:

Usually, but I find a LOT of them lack logic ie: like the people I encountered:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2216680&page=477&p=41664375#post41664375

OR rather recently:

There are people who say I'm gay, because Im perhaps different to them, and then they're the same people that say that I fancy this girl?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2368881

I mean if I'm gay, I wouldn't fancy her, and if I fancied her, I wouldn't be gay. They're pretty contradictory statements....

Quick Reply

Latest