Do you ever wish you could go to sleep and never wake up again? Watch

This discussion is closed.
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Does anyone ever wish that they could just go to sleep and never wake up again? Does anyone just pray to god that they would never wake and even if they don't believe in god they would pray just in case there is a god?
Has anyone else experienced this?
kathrineahmed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have many a times, most if the time it happens when I am over whelmed by reality and sleep seems the only way to escape and I do sleep for that reason but still I believe before the ultimate rest, some unrest is necessary
A future Midwife
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I used to wish for that everyday! It was always the last thing I thought before I went to sleep every night! But it does get better! Stay strong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lostinmadness
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do that in the morning thinking why did i wake up.
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, because then I would be dead. Death is so final, while life, ah, life is full of possibilities.

You can't argue with Lannister Logic.

Edit: Negs?
http://t.qkme.me/3pbpem.jpg
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, but I hope I die in my sleep or around the people I love
bananaterracottapie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
always
Ladders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
sometimes.
electriic_ink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah but things always turn out OK in the end.
rose-star
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi thoyub,

I'm sorry if you're feeling like that. I've sometimes wished I could be in a coma/unconscious so as not to have to deal with things in my life but I can't say I've felt the exact same way.

There are lots of things that can make you feel like that though- from messed up brain chemistry, to situational factors. The thing to do is to get help so that you can identify what is causing it and to allow you to feel hopeful and enjoy life again.

Please do try to get help- whether that's from your doctor, mental health team, counsellor or psychologist. If you are feeling too ill to do any of these things then remember you can always go to A&E or phone for an ambulance. They help people who are very low everyday so it's not an unusual thing to do.

Thinking of you!
JaLeRo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nope. I love to sleep and dream but I love life too, even when I feel bad I know that to feel at all is a great thing. There is always something to be done about everything! If your not happy with your life simply change it, you have the ability.

I always figured that if my life became completely unbearable I would simply choose from the following options:

move to Tibet and become a monk
go live in the woods like a hermit
become a traveling acrobat
become a trawler man
join the army
go build wells in Africa
become the leader of a group of pickpocketing orphans

I have more but to go through them all would take forever, the point is there is a unimaginable amount of possibilities and even if they seem highly unlikely just acknowledging them will give you hope. There is no reason why you would want to lie down and never wake up when you can change everything in your life with a little courage and work, accept this truth and you will feel better.

Best of luck!
sadpanda123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
All the time
08batee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, I do. A lot.
thoyub
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Glad to see i'm not alone!
Simon5266
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes I feel like it on a daily basis. Life has very little meaning for me. For any positives I can find in my personal life I can match them by more than one negative. I am constantly tired, I take no pride in anything anymore and if I’m honest I haven’t for a very long time. I prefer to be on my own rather than be around anyone. I work alone as I don’t want to interact with anyone anymore. Although I am married I spend as little time with my wife which is a shame as she is a beautiful woman. If I could take a pill and never awake again, give it to me now.
michaelspearing
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thoyub)
Does anyone ever wish that they could just go to sleep and never wake up again? Does anyone just pray to god that they would never wake and even if they don't believe in god they would pray just in case there is a god?
Has anyone else experienced this?
lol god dont exist. start livin boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. retardes
Rijuta212
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
nope then u will be dead bcoz dreams dont make reality if u dont work for it so technically when the alarm rings u have to get up.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm closing this thread because it is old and that gets confusing. If anybody wants to talk about something similar please feel free to make a new thread.
If you are having a rough time with anything you can also talk to services like Samaritans or Childline confidentially and for free. You do not need to go through anything alone.
https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-ca...you/contact-us
https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (440)
67.28%
No (214)
32.72%

Watched Threads