The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Anyone going to Middlesex Uni?

Hi there :smile:

I'll be studying at Middlesex University next September and I'd like to know if some of you will study there too :smile:
I'd be glad to make some friends before I go there :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've firmed for middlesex :smile: what're you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Original post by _anyawalsh
I've firmed for middlesex :smile: what're you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's actually a partnership between my management school here in Paris and Middlesex Uni so I'll "have to" study Business and Management :smile:

How about you? Did you apply for a hall of residence as well?
Ohh cool!
I'll be full time doing fashion communication with styling
Yeah applied a few weeks ago, put platt hall as my first choice, have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ohh cool!
I'll be full time doing fashion communication with styling
Yeah applied a few weeks ago, put platt hall as my first choice, have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh waw sounds cool! :smile:

Well the International Relationships Department of my school didn't get the confirmation from MDX yet I don't have my student number and PIN number to register :/
I think I'll go for Usher Hall, it's the only one I've visited, it's closer and I've heard it's quieter :smile:

Can you choose which hall you want to apply to? And does it say how many places are remaining? I'm worried I might not get Usher Hall :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh yeah you get 3 choices and have to pay £200 deposit (doesn't mean you'll necessarily get that one I'd they have too many people apply for a certain hall) yeah I only looked at usher, but I didn't like it so platt and writtle look a lot better from the pictures, and cheaper! And I'm fine with the 20min walk
They don't review your application or anything till they receive your grades and then your place becomes unconditional if you met the grade requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Ahh yeah you get 3 choices and have to pay £200 deposit (doesn't mean you'll necessarily get that one I'd they have too many people apply for a certain hall) yeah I only looked at usher, but I didn't like it so platt and writtle look a lot better from the pictures, and cheaper! And I'm fine with the 20min walk
They don't review your application or anything till they receive your grades and then your place becomes unconditional if you met the grade requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww why didn't you like Usher? :/

According to the International Relationships Department of my school said that with the partnership, I'd get a room in one of the hall of residence. I hope that's true cuz it would be hard for me to look for a flat there :/

Writtle House has a shared bathroom doesn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Idk, just didn't look very welcoming/comfortable at all, qnd the communal space didn't llook like anyone would want to sit ib it for any length of time.. maybe im just too picky? Hahah
Platt/writtle felt lior I could definitely live there for a year!
Yea writtle is shared, id much prefer platt but I could live with it:tongue:
Where are you from? I live 5hours away so I need halls! Looking for flats/houses would be hard when I can't really view the places

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hey!

I'm studying at Middlesex as of September! I've firmed for Sports and Exercise Rehabilitation because I didn't get into any of my Physio choices, but actually really looking forward to it! Be good to get to know a few people before moving up! :smile:
Reply 9
Idk, just didn't look very welcoming/comfortable at all, qnd the communal space didn't llook like anyone would want to sit ib it for any length of time.. maybe im just too picky? Hahah
Platt/writtle felt lior I could definitely live there for a year!
Yea writtle is shared, id much prefer platt but I could live with it:tongue:
Where are you from? I live 5hours away so I need halls! Looking for flats/houses would be hard when I can't really view the places

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right well I hope you'll get the one you want :smile:

I'm from Paris, so everything will be new to me once I'm there! I hope I won't be too homesick nor feeling too lonely :/
That's why I signed up on TSR actually, to meet people before I go there so I know I'm not alone :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by SaammTee92
Hey!

I'm studying at Middlesex as of September! I've firmed for Sports and Exercise Rehabilitation because I didn't get into any of my Physio choices, but actually really looking forward to it! Be good to get to know a few people before moving up! :smile:

YAY!!! :biggrin:
I wanna meet people before I go there too :smile:
My name's Marie, I'm 21 and I currently live in Paris. Will be studying Business and Management at MDX for a year, kinda like an exchange program with my management school here in Paris :smile:
PM me if you wanna so we can get to know each other a bit more :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alumni
Ah right well I hope you'll get the one you want :smile:

I'm from Paris, so everything will be new to me once I'm there! I hope I won't be too homesick nor feeling too lonely :/
That's why I signed up on TSR actually, to meet people before I go there so I know I'm not alone :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Itll be soo weird being away from home for so long, my longest away from home is a week haha, just gonna keep myself really busy when I get there to keep my mind off it! Yeah be good knowing some people, make it less scary :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yeah Itll be soo weird being away from home for so long, my longest away from home is a week haha, just gonna keep myself really busy when I get there to keep my mind off it! Yeah be good knowing some people, make it less scary :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I known same here!! :tongue:

Me too, I think I'll get away from my room very often in the first weeks not to fall in depression and also I think I'll take part in the Orientation Programme - so I get to meet more people :smile:

I know!! I'm glad I know at least two people there :smile:
Hopefully we can meet around the campus and meet if we ever feel lonely :smile:
Original post by alumni
Haha I known same here!! :tongue:

Me too, I think I'll get away from my room very often in the first weeks not to fall in depression and also I think I'll take part in the Orientation Programme - so I get to meet more people :smile:

I know!! I'm glad I know at least two people there :smile:
Hopefully we can meet around the campus and meet if we ever feel lonely :smile:

I really hope I get on with my flatmates, be horrible to be unlucky and get really unsociable/nasty people:/ that'd be good! I'm so excited for it but when it comes I'll be reallly scared, what's the orientation programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I really hope I get on with my flatmates, be horrible to be unlucky and get really unsociable/nasty people:/ that'd be good! I'm so excited for it but when it comes I'll be reallly scared, what's the orientation programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too!!
That's why I'm gonna put Usher as my first choice - I read its quieter so hopefully people will behave like grown-ups! :smile:

Here: http://unihub.mdx.ac.uk/mdx/gettingstarted/orientation/
It says it's for International students but I guess anyone can go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhh, I won't be in London that early:frown: I move on 30th September as far as I know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Ohhh, I won't be in London that early:frown: I move on 30th September as far as I know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Wow yeah that's late :/
I think I'll come to London on September 24th as there's a pick up service at the Heathrow airport :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hiyaa! I've also applied for Middlesex as my firm for criminology and psychology and requested for Halls. I originally asked for Usher to be my first choice but have now changed to Platt as it seems it has more of an atmosphere and more to my taste!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Ohhh why is everyone choosing Platt over Usher? :frown: what's wrong with Usher?
Am I making a mistake choosing Usher as my first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I think it's only because Platt seems to have more of an atmosphere and I think it's much bigger aswell. I haven't had chance to look around any but from what people have been writing I think Usher will be too quiet for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest