UKL Hall of Fame, to the Mods aswell LOOK!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I have recently had an idea: I think there are many members on here who should be remembered,even after they have gone. Therefore, i am proposing a UKL hall of fame. It would work like this: Each mod, d (if he wants) and perhaps myself (it was my idea ) would each select one member to be nominated for the hall of fame. The mods/d would PM me with their selection, then i would create a thread, and put all the members into a one day countdown poll. At the end of the day, the winner would be inogurated (sp?) in the hall of fame, which would be kept as a running sticky, thread or something in the FAQS. A member could be nominated for being funny, controversial, having been around a while ect. ect., basiclly anyone could be nominated. This would take place on the last day of every month. If the mods commit, then they have to be sure to remember to pick, and their pick could be sent to me at any time during the month. I myself thought the idea was rather brillient what does everyone else think??
DazYa
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i jst scrim read what you said but the funniest kid here = mjg
Apollo
Rep:
?
Other input please people!!
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DazYa13)
i jst scrim read what you said but the funniest kid here = mjg
I seriously hope you aren't being serious, he annoys the pants off me!
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
Other input please people!!
Umm, seems like a bit of a watered down version of the UKL awards, but good idea in principle. Bit too much work/hassle involved IMHO.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
mjg iz da roxor
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Umm, seems like a bit of a watered down version of the UKL awards, but good idea in principle. Bit too much work/hassle involved IMHO.
not work for you tho

To everyone who voted no, why not?

Its nothing like the UKL awards, just a hall of fame to remember member, not hand out awards.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
same here
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
mjg iz da roxor
err, whatever :rolleyes:
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
not work for you tho

To everyone who voted no, why not?

Its nothing like the UKL awards, just a hall of fame to remember member, not hand out awards.
True, I was thinking more of the mods etc.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And like with the awards (only top posters could nominate), some people may be upset with the idea of only mods nominating people. Alot of fuss was made because of this w/ the awards. IMO a better idea may be to add a category like this to the awards themselves. All in all it is a good idea you just have to find an equal balance for it to work.
Apollo
Rep:
?
True, I was thinking more of the mods etc.
yeah, i was thinking people might enjoy it (grumbling) if i have to, i will do it myself
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinity)
And like with the awards (only top posters could nominate), some people may be upset with the idea of only mods nominating people. Alot of fuss was made because of this w/ the awards. IMO a better idea may be to add a category like this to the awards themselves. All in all it is a good idea you just have to find an equal balance for it to work.
hmmm how should we decide then? I didnt think anyone would mind the mods doing it, its not like the choose who wins, thats up to the people.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have recently had an idea: I think there are many members on here who should be remembered,even after they have gone. Therefore, i am proposing a UKL hall of fame. It would work like this: Each mod, d (if he wants) and perhaps myself (it was my idea ) would each select one member to be nominated for the hall of fame. The mods/d would PM me with their selection, then i would create a thread, and put all the members into a one day countdown poll. At the end of the day, the winner would be inogurated (sp?) in the hall of fame, which would be kept as a running sticky, thread or something in the FAQS. A member could be nominated for being funny, controversial, having been around a while ect. ect., basiclly anyone could be nominated. This would take place on the last day of every month. If the mods commit, then they have to be sure to remember to pick, and their pick could be sent to me at any time during the month. I myself thought the idea was rather brillient what does everyone else think??
Shear popularity contest and a further way of trying to create a hierarchy on this board.
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Expression)
Shear popularity contest and a further way of trying to create a hierarchy on this board.
no, its who people think is worthy. And you have no more power, just a cool sig addition maybe, and a spot in the hall of fame thread/sitcky/faqs
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
= not good
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
= not good
= bad
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hmmm how should we decide then? I didnt think anyone would mind the mods doing it, its not like the choose who wins, thats up to the people.
That's what ollie thought about the awards, you'd be surprised how fast people start to fuss about these things. I think you need to get some feedback from the mods themselves to begin with, send each a pm asking about it and go from there.
Apollo
Rep:
?
come now people, its who everyone thinks is worthy, not a popularity contest, and if the since some members are more popular=they have been around longer= more deserving. Its not like a once a year thing, so with a bunch of picking, the vast majority will be at least nominated.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
= bad
Man, sounding a bit like the word association thing now. I agree about it possibly being a popularity contest. It in theory would be ok, but in practice trouble could occur.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (98)
18.96%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.64%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.64%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.77%

Watched Threads