UKL Hall of Fame, to the Mods aswell LOOK!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Shear popularity contest and a further way of trying to create a hierarchy on this board.
You certainly don't beat around the bush!
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
That's what ollie thought about the awards, you'd be surprised how fast people start to fuss about these things. I think you need to get some feedback from the mods themselves to begin with, send each a pm asking about it and go from there.
i was hoping more would jsut reply on this thread, but only 1 is on now.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Why does everyone always look at the negetive side?? I think i would be a good way to remember deserving members. And if more people vote I.E turning it into a popualrity contest, its because the most people like them meaning they must deserve being nominated.
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
Why does everyone always look at the negetive side?? I think i would be a good way to remember deserving members. And if more people vote I.E turning it into a popualrity contest, its because the most people like them meaning they must deserve being nominated.
It is a good idea, it just would be better if it was incorporated into the awards, out of however many are nominated say 5 will be put in the hall of fame. Just an idea.

EDIT: Woulod?? Tell me when I do something like that! :rolleyes:
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Are we big enough to be able to admit so many people a year/month/whatever into a Hall of Fame without this Hall losing value?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Are we big enough to be able to admit so many people a year/month/whatever into a Hall of Fame without this Hall losing value?
i dont think this hall of fame would work, but we could give this a try i guess
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well I was thinking of members who are no longer here but deserve a spot more so than most of us current members.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So how long does one have to abstain from this site to be eligible for this prestigous award?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

good try anyways
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
So how long does one have to abstain from this site to be eligible for this prestigous award?
Grrrrrr! Longer than you abstain from sexual relations. You know what I meant.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can't wait that long...
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Fine, I shall dissapear for a few weeks. Bye people, its been fun. Toodle doo.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
cya
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have recently had an idea: I think there are many members on here who should be remembered,even after they have gone. Therefore, i am proposing a UKL hall of fame. It would work like this: Each mod, d (if he wants) and perhaps myself (it was my idea ) would each select one member to be nominated for the hall of fame. The mods/d would PM me with their selection, then i would create a thread, and put all the members into a one day countdown poll. At the end of the day, the winner would be inogurated (sp?) in the hall of fame, which would be kept as a running sticky, thread or something in the FAQS. A member could be nominated for being funny, controversial, having been around a while ect. ect., basiclly anyone could be nominated. This would take place on the last day of every month. If the mods commit, then they have to be sure to remember to pick, and their pick could be sent to me at any time during the month. I myself thought the idea was rather brillient what does everyone else think??
I know that most of the work will be on the mods shoulders but i agree it is a brilliant idea.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What happens when we forget you, you won't be eligible for the Hall of Fame then...
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have recently had an idea: I think there are many members on here who should be remembered,even after they have gone. Therefore, i am proposing a UKL hall of fame. It would work like this: Each mod, d (if he wants) and perhaps myself (it was my idea ) would each select one member to be nominated for the hall of fame. The mods/d would PM me with their selection, then i would create a thread, and put all the members into a one day countdown poll. At the end of the day, the winner would be inogurated (sp?) in the hall of fame, which would be kept as a running sticky, thread or something in the FAQS. A member could be nominated for being funny, controversial, having been around a while ect. ect., basiclly anyone could be nominated. This would take place on the last day of every month. If the mods commit, then they have to be sure to remember to pick, and their pick could be sent to me at any time during the month. I myself thought the idea was rather brillient what does everyone else think??
Haven't OLLIE and LouPLou already done this?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can't wait that long...
You can't wait 30 mins? Damn your so impatient!
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What happens when we forget you, you won't be eligible for the Hall of Fame then...
Forget who?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You can't wait 30 mins? Damn your so impatient!
I meant 30 years

But I'd miss you too much even in 30 minutes
Apollo
Rep:
?
No, anyone, gone or not can be nominated. I was assuming that people would be "big" enough to whine and complain that it wouldn't be fair if they didn't win, so i dont think that would be a problem. Members who dont post anymore ie koloth, helen, phil vienna are all eligble, should they be nominated. Also, the mods/me would pick who they think is deserving, not who would be the most popular.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise