UKL Hall of Fame, to the Mods aswell LOOK!!!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
I know that most of the work will be on the mods shoulders but i agree it is a brilliant idea.
yeah but its only sending a PM to me, i do the rest.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
Forget who?
Ah forget it...
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Ah forget it...
He he, you forgot his name too.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Besides expression, i have seen no one who thinks its a bad idea give any reasons.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He? Who?

I think I'll sleep on it. Sorry for the short encounter darling, I'll make up for it in the weekend. The whole weekend

Goodnight all!
Apollo
Rep:
?
maybe ollie will voice an opinion...
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
maybe ollie will voice an opinion...
Well...

Firstly, the awards caused a bit of tension as to who was allowed to nominate/vote. Unfortunatly, people don't know who they are voting/nominating sometimes.

Secondly, It's kinda similar to the awards.

Thirdly, You'll never get the mods to play along :rolleyes: , and deff not d!

Forth, We don't want a hierachy of members if we can help it.

Thats what i think but i'm just one person
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ollie)
Well...

Firstly, the awards caused a bit of tension as to who was allowed to nominate/vote. Unfortunatly, people don't know who they are voting/nominating sometimes.

Secondly, It's kinda similar to the awards.

Thirdly, You'll never get the mods to play along :rolleyes: , and deff not d!

Forth, We don't want a hierachy of members if we can help it.

Thats what i think but i'm just one person
sigh.... i dont see the similarity to the awards, and why would the mods not just PM me their pick? I think people are big enough not to whine and complain, mant people will be nominated over time, if you make a good impact you will be recognized. Also, there are no new powers or anything, just a spot in the FAQS or something. I thought people would like the idea....
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It did sound a bit like the awards when you said people would be nominated for being the funniest etc. I wouldn't actually mind it, as long as there was no hassle between the members.
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenon)
It did sound a bit like the awards when you said people would be nominated for being the funniest etc. I wouldn't actually mind it, as long as there was no hassle between the members.
no, i meant people could be nominated because they were funny (example of a reason why one might be nominated), not a seperate catagory. I think it would be quite and enjoyable idea.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
just to put my opinion in...theres one slight problem in your plan.

if us mods were to nominate people, we'd nominate those who are of our generation, and if todays forumites were voting...they wouldnt know most of them.

this would cause grievences as forumites would start complining , rightly so, whats the point in having a hall of fame, with no one in it that they know.

its like having madam tusards full of people from a little village in sumerset...only a select few would know who they are and why they are great...the millions of people who go there now would soon stop.

and if you want to know who we thinks great, you just have to ask. it doesnt take months....and there are very few of the newbies who will ever be great, even if only for theyre annoying spelling/grammer and pure spamness.
shazza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Speaking as a newbie, a lot of people on here wouldn't know who the people are, and those of you who have been here a long time know already who you used to like! Personally I don't quite see the point unless these people were to come back, otherwise they wouldn't know they were even there!! sorry.
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by ickle_katy)

if us mods were to nominate people, we'd nominate those who are of our generation, and if todays forumites were voting...they wouldnt know most of them.

this would cause grievences as forumites would start complining , rightly so, whats the point in having a hall of fame, with no one in it that they know.

its like having madam tusards full of people from a little village in sumerset...only a select few would know who they are and why they are great...the millions of people who go there now would soon stop.

and if you want to know who we thinks great, you just have to ask. it doesnt take months....and there are very few of the newbies who will ever be great, even if only for theyre annoying spelling/grammer and pure spamness.
You could nominate anyone you would like, and with 7 or 8 people nominating, odds are people would have heard of most of them. *Looks at poll* most people seem too think its a good idea... and if the newbies dont know who the people are, 1 they dont vote, 2 they choice one or 3, they look back at the archive.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Well everyone, the people have spoken: 18 yes, 15 no's, the yes have it. To any mods who wish to participate PM me or post here, otherwise i will do it myself, and nominate six contenders on the last day of march.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Change of plans: This months picks will go as planned, however next month, this will be availble for anyone to nominate someone. All you have to do is PM me (anyone can) and tell me who you would like to nominate. At the end of the month, the 5-7 people who got the most votes from the public are put into a poll, the poll is open for 1 day. At the end of that day, the winner is inducted in. This change is so that everyone gets a say, not just me picking people. In simpler words: Anyone who wants to can PM me with someone they would like to see nominated.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa13)
i jst scrim read what you said but the funniest kid here = mjg
Couldn't agree more.
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by bono)
Couldn't agree more.
mjg has returned.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)

Ickle Katy criticizing other users' spelling and grammar?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
mjg has returned.
He never left, he's been here for the last 2 weeks even when he hasn't been posting. He has sent me several PM's, explaining what's been happening.
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by bono)
He never left, he's been here for the last 2 weeks even when he hasn't been posting. He has sent me several PM's, explaining what's been happening.
don't i feel dumb. Wrong about him, wrong about bloodhound. Bono is the man wiht the info.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.4%
No (595)
65.6%

Watched Threads