The Student Room Group

Leyton Sixth Form- Enrolment Day?

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, im going there in september. What subjects will you be doing?

For the enrolment day, you just have to show them your gcse results and they will finalise your chosen subjects.
Thats it really, probably a bit more bits and bobs.
But the whole point of the enrolment day is for you to enrol onto your chosen subjects.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by NafK3
Hi! Thanks for the reply. Yes, I guess it will be pretty much how you just described, I guess the whole thing is slightly nerver-wracking.

I will hopefully be doing English Literature, Geography, Business and Sociology.

What about you?

Dont worry about the enrolment day!! :smile:
Theres nothing to be worried about (unless if you failed terribly bad in your gcses).

I will be doing maths,further maths, physics and french.

How far do you live from the college?
For me, it will be 1 hour long ( i have to take 2 buses).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by NafK3
Haha, thanks! I don't think I have failed my GCSEs that miserably, don't make me add another worry to the list!

Cool A-level choices although I would seriously die if I had to look at another science or maths related thing again! Good Luck!

I luckily live 15-20 minutes away although I have no clue what bus I am taking...
Wow, that is a distance, I am surprised you still applied? How did the interview phase go for you?

My gcses wasnt so amazing amazing either, so dont worry about it!!:smile:

Yh lol i love maths and physics. :tongue:
Im quite the opposite of you since prefer essay-based subjects i believe??
Good luck you too!!

Yep, its very very far from my house.
But leyton is the only college in this part of london which i like most.
Monoux, bsix, C&I, newvic, woodhouse - none of them interest me.

My interview went really well - nothing too difficult, although i was quite nervous. The head of languages interviewed me. What about you??
Original post by NafK3
Haha, can't wait for results day though, just get it over and done with.
I will never understand people's love for maths and science :0
Yes, I do love essay based subjects, English is probably a good one for me.

Same, LSC was the most appealing.
I was nervous as well, got interviewed by the head of Business I think, he was great.

I'm just curious about what we will need in terms of resources.
Yh i know the feeling – you just want to move on. Me too!
Lol I will never understand people’s love for essay subjects. :tongue:
Resources?? You just need a folder and notebook for each subject.
I decided to be extra extra prepared, so I got my stack of past papers ready aswell and I've been doings some self study.

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by NafK3
Yay for moving on!
Haha, very funny. At least we enjoy the subjects we each took; good luck to us!
Cool; that is actually very prepared. I haven't though that far ahead; well done :smile:
How are you finding the past papers?
Im always extra prepared for everything. :biggrin: I haven't started the past papers yet since im still self teaching. But I've been through the questions and they look fairly ok.
Original post by NafK3
That's actually great. I am a procrastinator so, I won't lie and say I would do the same because I won't :0
I AM reading The Kite Runner for English lit though...

Sometimes i can be a bit of a procrastinator aswell when it comes to doing the things i hate most.:tongue:
I used to love gcse eng lit, I got my grade A in it allready.
My teacher was amazing and she made the lessons really fun.
For the inspector calls and mice and men exam, I got an A*. For the poetry exam, I got an A. (I did AQA, what about you??)

But anyways, do you know what you want do at uni?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by NafK3
Haha, thanks! I don't think I have failed my GCSEs that miserably, don't make me add another worry to the list!

Cool A-level choices although I would seriously die if I had to look at another science or maths related thing again! Good Luck!

I luckily live 15-20 minutes away although I have no clue what bus I am taking...
Wow, that is a distance, I am surprised you still applied? How did the interview phase go for you?

Hey! I used to live in the area for a long time and i know it pretty well! Still hang out there at times haha. Whereabouts do you live??? i can tell you exactly what you need to take to get there :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Infinity_4652

Sometimes i can be a bit of a procrastinator aswell when it comes to doing the things i hate most.:tongue:
I used to love gcse eng lit, I got my grade A in it allready.
My teacher was amazing and she made the lessons really fun.
For the inspector calls and mice and men exam, I got an A*. For the poetry exam, I got an A. (I did AQA, what about you??)

But anyways, do you know what you want do at uni?

LOL we got the same GCSE grades for english but the other way around. i got an A* in english lit but only an A in lang. I have my teacher to thank for that she was so amazing, really believed in me haha.
We did A view from the bridge not the inspector calls ( the other class did that)
Personally i don't like AQA for english we did Edexcel and it was so good :biggrin:
I looooooooooooooooooooved Of mice and men wbu??? i thought it was written so well and the character development was great! What shakespeare play did you study??? We did Othello loved it :tongue: Also did you do Animal farm or to kill a mockingbird???
Original post by lucine.B
LOL we got the same GCSE grades for english but the other way around. i got an A* in english lit but only an A in lang. I have my teacher to thank for that she was so amazing, really believed in me haha.
We did A view from the bridge not the inspector calls ( the other class did that)
Personally i don't like AQA for english we did Edexcel and it was so good :biggrin:
I looooooooooooooooooooved Of mice and men wbu??? i thought it was written so well and the character development was great! What shakespeare play did you study??? We did Othello loved it :tongue: Also did you do Animal farm or to kill a mockingbird???

I got a B in gcse eng lang – B from the january exam and U from the june exam ( I didnt do the resit for this exam in november)
My teacher used to be an AQA examiner, so that helped alot.
Mice and men is really good, the story is well put together and the characters are well made. I would say steinbeck is really awesome.
For shakespeare, i did the good old romeo and juliet. It was quite good. But if i had to do it for A level eng lit again – i would be so bored of it because i have done shakespeare so many times since year 9.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
I got a B in gcse eng lang – B from the january exam and U from the june exam ( I didnt do the resit for this exam in november)
My teacher used to be an AQA examiner, so that helped alot.
Mice and men is really good, the story is well put together and the characters are well made. I would say steinbeck is really awesome.
For shakespeare, i did the good old romeo and juliet. It was quite good. But if i had to do it for A level eng lit again – i would be so bored of it because i have done shakespeare so many times since year 9.

Ah i see, any reason in particular???
Oh thats great! I guess it makes life a whole lot easier haha :tongue:
Such a good story, i love Steinbeck.
Oh really??? Same! We chose to do Othello because of the amount of times we had studied shakespeare in particular Romeo and juliet, i am soooo bored of it haha! But i love Shakespeare nevertheless haha call me a nerd but i find him to be so incredible, fascinating i mean he's just awesome! Haha. I love his writing.
Reply 11
Original post by NafK3
Hi!

Can anyone say what the procedure for the enrolment day is and when it roughly is?

Or for any other sixth form?

Thanks in advance!

Leyton hey!!! I feel famous
Original post by NafK3
Hi! Nice to meet (or talk to...) another student there :smile:
I live in Walthamstow, so about 15 minutes away?
Thanks a lot, that would be really helpful :smile:
I get the 34 from Edmonton - montagu road to go Walthamstow central. From Walthamstow, you have like 10 buses which all go to leyton.
Original post by SannaS
Leyton hey!!! I feel famous
Are you going to lsc aswell?? If so, join the group - yaaayy!! :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by NafK3
Hi! Nice to meet (or talk to...) another student there :smile:
I live in Walthamstow, so about 15 minutes away?
Thanks a lot, that would be really helpful :smile:

Haha its nice to meet you too :smile:
Okay well if you go to the station all you need to do is take either the W15 or W19 both going toward leytonstone and then just get off at james lane (basically when you see a post office after whipps cross hospital)
Although they're not really regular buses so you can just take the 257/ 357 again from the station but these are heading towards lea bridge road. You then get off at Essex road (in other words when you see the tesco petrol station) then you walk down essex road (which is by a chinese shop, a chicken & chip shop and a corner shop) you'll get there. In fact you can get off at the petrol station on either bus (so the W19/ W15/ 257/ 357)
It may be quicker to just do that, get off by the petrol station and walk up essex road :tongue:
Hope this makes sense haha. :smile:
Reply 15
I get the 34 from Edmonton - montagu road to go Walthamstow central. From Walthamstow, you have like 10 buses which all go to leyton.

Yeah but only 4 of them go pass essex road which will get you to the college :tongue:
Original post by NafK3
Wow, that's impressive. How do you know your grade already?
Our school did Of Mice and Men, Pride and Prejudice and A View from the Bridge. We also did Romeo and Juliet in year 10.
My exam board was WJEC.

I have no clue! I wanted to go into teaching but after doing work experience in a primary school, I have changed my mind.

You?

I did my gcses last year which means i started AS level this year.
Unfortunately, things went completely upside down due to my decisions (i regret all of them). :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
I pretty much failed this year and the list of reasons as to why is very long.
So i have decided to restart my A levels at lsc.
I did my year 10 work experience in my primary school aswell, i loved it but teaching is not my thing. Im interested in astrophysics/nuclear physics, so i will hopefully be working for the ESA/CERN in the future.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lucine.B
Ah i see, any reason in particular???
Oh thats great! I guess it makes life a whole lot easier haha :tongue:
Such a good story, i love Steinbeck.
Oh really??? Same! We chose to do Othello because of the amount of times we had studied shakespeare in particular Romeo and juliet, i am soooo bored of it haha! But i love Shakespeare nevertheless haha call me a nerd but i find him to be so incredible, fascinating i mean he's just awesome! Haha. I love his writing.

Yh my teacher was really helpful. She told us a lot about what examiners want and don't want. Shakespeare is really awesome, but im just bored of it - its not my thing anymore.
Reply 18
Yh my teacher was really helpful. She told us a lot about what examiners want and don't want. Shakespeare is really awesome, but im just bored of it - its not my thing anymore.

Well thats good! Exactly what you'd want in a teacher. Yeah i get what you mean. I think it is because we've had to study it for so long...Oh well i enjoy it haha. Have you seen the Great Gatsby??? Or read it even???
Reply 19
I did my gcses last year which means i started AS level this year.
Unfortunately, things went completely upside down due to my decisions (i regret all of them). :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
I pretty much failed this year and the list of reasons as to why is very long.
So i have decided to restart my A levels at lsc.
I did my year 10 work experience in my primary school as well, i loved it but teaching is not my thing. I'm interested in astrophysics/nuclear physics, so i will hopefully be working for the ESA/CERN in the future.

Wow you want to work for ESA or CERN i wish you good luck my friend! But i am pretty sure you'll get in there haha. It would be so call if you worked there i'm sorry- it'll be so cool when you work there :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: What position would you like there??? But then again i guess that for CERN you'd be working in the lab or doing some epic research haha. I bet if you worked for ESA you'd be organising some kind of space mission. I really hope you get the job :tongue:
Do you have a preference??? If you had to pick..which one???

Quick Reply

Latest