The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What do you think of girls with headscarves/hijabs?

Scroll to see replies

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1372628976.436698.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1372628988.904300.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1372629000.373759.jpg

Hijabis can be very stylish and feminine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by TheAsian
How the hell did you manage that?! Maybe I'm being naive but :eek:

She thought that mutual oral was "ok" but that vaginal penetration before marriage was forbidden/ would send her to hell. Also, bare in mind, not every Muslim in the world sees their Muslim identity in the same way. In other words, some of them "like" white people/ being western etc, but wear the headscarf for various reasons, at the same time.
Original post by Secretnerd123
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1372628976.436698.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1372628988.904300.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1372629000.373759.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG! Basma K. I do love her. Btw I don't reckon that she will be pleased that her photo's are plastered all over TSR, :redface:
Original post by The Angry Stoic
That's very risky. You'll never be able to really get to know your fiancé speed dating, especially supervised, and this is the man you are going to be married to forever! He could be completely the wrong person for you to marry and you wouldn't know until it was far too late.

Really? I always actually thought that if you have a 'supervised' dates with a mahrem that it would be much better. Because then you know that you've to be focused and ask each other all the meaningful bits and pieces, rather than fall helplessly in love and ignore that part.
Original post by Secretnerd123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of the hijab, ie to conceal your beauty and stop men looking at you in a sexual way?
As far as I was aware, girls didn't wear hijabs to be 'stylish' ...
Personally, I wouldn't go out with a unless I knew he had the intention to marry me. One guy who asked me out did actually intend to take it to marriage (lol, I'm only 17 and he had only known me for a few months), but being in a relationship means you're bound to have sex at one point, aren't you? I'd be uncomfortable making him wait till marriage, therefore we do all our "dating" (sort of like chaperoned speed dating) at the age nearing marriage.

You're not 'bound to have sex', you choose to! Guys can control themselves if they want to, you know.
Original post by PrettyLittleLiars
Really? I always actually thought that if you have a 'supervised' dates with a mahrem that it would be much better. Because then you know that you've to be focused and ask each other all the meaningful bits and pieces, rather than fall helplessly in love and ignore that part.

How can you be totally open and truthful if someone is watching you?

'Important questions' isn't enough to know you can spend loads of time together when you're married and it won't be awkward and you'll enjoy it. What if it's just awkward silences when you don't have questions to ask. Ideally, you need both, get to know someone AND fall in love, then marry them.
Reply 88
I personally think it looks cute.
Right, so if you wear a Hijab, you can't be beautiful? Personally, I don't think it stops girls from looking feminine.
af6403f261fa2c9c6b71bc2fe395c377.jpg
& imo there's more to being a girl than styling your hair.

If hair isn't all that important why bother hiding it?
Original post by joker12345
'Important questions' isn't enough to know you can spend loads of time together when you're married and it won't be awkward and you'll enjoy it. What if it's just awkward silences when you don't have questions to ask. Ideally, you need both, get to know someone AND fall in love, then marry them.

Actually, I believe that asking them important questions IS enough. It will establish how the will act in the relationship and trust me one person at least will have loads to ask. I always believed that you fall in love with a person AFTER you married them :redface:
Reply 91
Original post by Ajibola
I personally think it looks cute.

aw this is such an uplifting comment amongst all the debate. :tongue:
Actually, I believe that asking them important questions IS enough. It will establish how the will act in the relationship and trust me one person at least will have loads to ask. I always believed that you fall in love with a person AFTER you married them :redface:

Why? Why does marriage fall in love? And how is knowing someone's life goals going to determine that you can laugh and joke and chat with them for years? Sure, you've figured that you want 3 kids, but how dies that help you know that you'll enjoy their company for your whole lifetime?
Reply 93
i wear one and i'm cool so yeah

it shouldn't affect your personality too much
Reply 94
If hair isn't all that important why bother hiding it?

It makes the girl more attractive to the guy. We don't want to attract.
Reply 95
i wear a hijab and am approachable. i think people think that just because we wear a headscarf we are not open to anything. at college especially in law, me and another hijabi girl would always start debates support our views etc. wearing a headscarf doesn't mean that we can't think or are uneducated as some people do tend to believe.
It makes the girl more attractive to the guy. We don't want to attract.

So I don't see how you're arguing that it doesn't detract from beauty and femininity, because the whole point is that it does. And then, isn't wearing makeup and attractive clothes contradictory?
Reply 97
You're not 'bound to have sex', you choose to! Guys can control themselves if they want to, you know.

So then, I could just be in a platonic, friendly relationship. Not a romantic one.
So then, I could just be in a platonic, friendly relationship. Not a romantic one.

There's more to romance than sex, it's sad that you think the only think separating a romantic relationship from a friendship is sex!
I'm not talking about rape. I meant being in relationships and being asked out etc. cos it's usually the guy who asks the girl out, right?

Can you not ... Say no?!

Latest

Trending

Trending