The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Uni Freshers' Week

Does anyone know when does the freshers' week start at the Leeds University for 2013/2014 school year?
Original post by King.Vasa
Does anyone know when does the freshers' week start at the Leeds University for 2013/2014 school year?

Here's part of something I posted on another thread:

Freshers Week is from Monday 23 September (although there will be stuff going on on the Sunday and possibly the Saturday). The official start of session is Wednesday 25th and teaching starts Monday 30th.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Thanks! Do you know if the first week of accommodation starts on 23rd as well?
Original post by King.Vasa
Thanks! Do you know if the first week of accommodation starts on 23rd as well?

And here's the other part of the same post:

most people move in on the weekend of 21/22 September and this is when the catered accommodation contracts start. Most self-catered accommodation contracts start on Wednesday 18th although there are some that start later ( for example, Henry Price will be Friday 20th) and some (Central Village, The Tannery, St. Mark's and Grayson Heights) start on Saturday 14th.
There will be temporary accommodation available earlier than the contract start dates for international students who are attending the international welcome week.
Reply 4
Thanks a lot for the information!
The start date on UCAS for my course is the 18th, is it possible that teaching could take place during freshers? Or is ucas just wrong?
Reply 6
Is it advisable it buy a wristband before freshers (in terms of costs etc) or just wait till I get there and buy on the door.
Bearing in mind I won't really be going clubbing but everything else?
It is not advisable to buy any unofficial wristbands (from fatsoma) at all. These list no physical location or address and are totally non-refundable.

The only official outlets for events are www.unionevents.org or www.leedstickets.com.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest