This discussion is closed.
Wilde_Oscar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Taking a chance to shove this out there - people tend to complain on other threads, and as much as I've been warned, I'd love to know exactly how many nights I won't sleep in, and survive on strong coffee for English, and others probably would for their chosen subjects. So basically, it's a complaint thread - how much work do you guys do? What form does it take? Inquiring minds want to know...
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I wasn't exactly pleased with having six 9am lectures a week last year, but on the whole I have about two or three supervisions a week and twelve lectures. Add some practical classes and projects and it builds up a bit more.

I only pulled two all nighters and four nights that finished at 6am during my group project of last term.

If you're sufficently organised you can normally get it all done during daylight hours, but every so often it all explodes.

I do compsci btw, I suspect an English student would have less lectures but more in essays etc.

Alaric.
Rosy
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
My friends who do English spend a lot of time watching movies / acting / going to the theatre / lounging in coffee shops and sleeping in. I'm jealous of them. You'll be fine!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
English? Pah!

Classic quote of the term, from one of my friends doing English:

"Damn, is it 5th week? There was a lecture I wanted to go to this week!"

All the NatScis and medics with 9ams every day looked daggers at him...
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
English? Pah!

Classic quote of the term, from one of my friends doing English:

"Damn, is it 5th week? There was a lecture I wanted to go to this week!"

All the NatScis and medics with 9ams every day looked daggers at him...

Thats your fault for picking a hard subject

To be fair though, these people have been learning English all their lives, so arent starting from scratch with a subject like yourself.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (263)
33.98%
No (511)
66.02%

Watched Threads