University Challenge scares me Watch

This discussion is closed.
Blamps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
There are so many bloody knowledgeable people on this program, well usually 1 or 2 anyway. How the hell do some of these people know about some obsure tree in outer mongolia that happens to be a relation of a blue whale (it wouldn't surprise me if did come up) or some other useless knowledge - it makes me wonder how they know all this stuff (must have delightful social lives.) Plus, Jeremy Paxman is such an arrogant git, saying like oh come on you must know that this song was the product of a pop group in 5,000 B.C sung by the Eskimelean jahungamas of Panama.

Quite surprising that London Metropolitan beat Jesus, Cambridge today....anyway, I was just wondering whether anybody else watched it (the boredom that is Monday evenings )
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, I love UC! I am also quite impressed by some people's knowledge of obscure topics.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
Quite surprising that London Metropolitan beat Jesus, Cambridge today....anyway, I was just wondering whether anybody else watched it (the boredom that is Monday evenings )
Yes, I did watch it, and was rather annoyed. If only it had been a minute longer!
Blamps
Rep:
?
(Original post by Helenia)
Yes, I did watch it, and was rather annoyed. If only it had been a minute longer!
haha....you got beaten by a poly ...that was a bloody quick come back though
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Helenia, do you know the answer to that antibiotics question on the "biologists" thread?
Meeps
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
yeh i watched and didnt have a clue what 3/4s of the answers were. lol! how many people on this forum can actually answer at least a third of the questions that come up?!

i mean there are people on the show who do a degree in music (and nothing to do with maths) and probably are still able to work fermets theorem! i get well scared that i cant answer hardly any of the questions and im going to uni next year!
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ha ha - I'm glad Cambridge lost Smarmy buggers!! Long live the polytechnic!
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm sure London Met isn't a polytechnic but a merger of two decent universities, i.e. London Guildhall and North London...
Blamps
Rep:
?
(Original post by XTinaA)
I'm sure London Met isn't a polytechnic but a merger of two decent universities, i.e. London Guildhall and North London...
its all the same
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Helenia, do you know the answer to that antibiotics question on the "biologists" thread?
No, unfortunately I don't. Haven't done much of that sort of thing yet.

Cambridge aren't smarmy buggers! And the people at London Met were a lot older - mature students for some reason tend to know more general knowledge crap. Fair play to them for winning, but Jesus' comeback was amazing, sooooo close!
Riverz End
Report 15 years ago
I watch it occasionally, but only when the two teams are actually interesting - it gets boring when it's Oxford vs Cambridge all the time. I'd rather see Paisley vs TVU. Even Paisley vs Cambridge would be more interesting.

And most of the contestants are nerds, with the occasional fit woman. It's better than watching Coronation Street though.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No, unfortunately I don't. Haven't done much of that sort of thing yet.

Cambridge aren't smarmy buggers! And the people at London Met were a lot older - mature students for some reason tend to know more general knowledge crap. Fair play to them for winning, but Jesus' comeback was amazing, sooooo close!
I have pretty good general knowledge but some of those questions only nerds could answer. I'd rather not be a nerd
Blamps
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I have pretty good general knowledge but some of those questions only nerds could answer. I'd rather not be a nerd
Bet u secretly indulge in copious amounts of Dungeons and Dragons :eek:
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
Bet u secretly indulge in copious amounts of Dungeons and Dragons :eek:
Dude, I aint joking there was a warhammer society at my old school. NERDS.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, better a rah rugger bugger than a nerd, hey?
Riverz End
Report 15 years ago
There was a Warhammer society at my old school, too. And do you know what the scary thing is? I RAN IT! Hehehe!
Blamps
Rep:
?
I ran into one of those shops and shouted something as a dare when I was like 14 and got chased out by the whole crew hehe....
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, better a rah rugger bugger than a nerd, hey?
Least rugby players get the ladies
Blamps
Rep:
?
The big butch ones perhaps...that's why I tend not to play Rugby now haha....I suspose footballers must attract a lot of butch women since they all look like vunerable girls
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sadly true Cauliflower ear is just sooooo attractive!

(I'm joking, I'm pathetic for them too).
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (204)
12.73%
Excited (139)
8.67%
Worried (291)
18.15%
Terrified (364)
22.71%
Meh (144)
8.98%
Confused (35)
2.18%