University Challenge scares me Watch

This discussion is closed.
young_free
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Ha ha - I'm glad Cambridge lost Smarmy buggers!! Long live the polytechnic!

Oxford and Cambridge lose the majority of the time- I watched it ages ago and they lost to London Metropolitan!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by young_free)
Oxford and Cambridge lose the majority of the time- I watched it ages ago and they lost to London Metropolitan!
They can't - Paxman said this was the first time London Met had been in the series. Unless you mean another college lost to them earlier in the competition.

If Oxbridge were allowed to compete as whole universities rather than just colleges, it would be more fun!
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Sadly true Cauliflower ear is just sooooo attractive!

(I'm joking, I'm pathetic for them too).
I've never been in a scrum in my life and dont intend too

What, you find fat rugby players attrative with fat stretched ears? lol.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)

that's cos ur a Mike Catt girly-type centre
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
that's cos ur a Mike Catt girly-type centre
Which are also the ones which score all the tries
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Yeah, totally No, it's the other ones who haven't got totally mashed that are more attractive. Even if they do prove to be arrogant gits off the pitch as was the case at school. Doesn't exactly matter if I find them attractive anyway, does it? :rolleyes:

I have no idea where you play, and even if you told me I wouldn't understand, and I don't know which players are in the scrum, so I'm afraid I'm a lost cause on that front. I just like watching
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, totally No, it's the other ones who haven't got totally mashed that are more attractive. Even if they do prove to be arrogant gits off the pitch as was the case at school. Doesn't exactly matter if I find them attractive anyway, does it? :rolleyes:

I have no idea where you play, and even if you told me I wouldn't understand, and I don't know which players are in the scrum, so I'm afraid I'm a lost cause on that front. I just like watching
Well in simple terms I'm not a fat *******

Oh, come now, not this again... you put yourself down way too much. Its not cool, your a nice girl, I promise you, you shall meet someone someday and they will be as nice as you and you shall live...etc.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Which are also the ones which score all the tries
Mike catt is ****e
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well in simple terms I'm not a fat *******

Oh, come now, not this again... you put yourself down way too much. Its not cool, your a nice girl, I promise you, you shall meet someone someday and they will be as nice as you and you shall live...etc.
Well, I didn't assume you were! Would I have married you if you were?

I'm not putting myself down - it's just one of my random annoyed-at-the-world comments that get thrown in every so often. I'm happy enough at the moment, and working on things that need to be sorted out.

Mike Catt has a big nose, but I thought he was alright at rugby.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
Mike catt is ****e
Very true, but he did change some of the world cup games and I respect him for that.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, I didn't assume you were! Would I have married you if you were?

I'm not putting myself down - it's just one of my random annoyed-at-the-world comments that get thrown in every so often. I'm happy enough at the moment, and working on things that need to be sorted out.

Mike Catt has a big nose, but I thought he was alright at rugby.
Well as long as you dont go back into depressed everybody hates me Helen mode thats cool
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Back to the original topic, I love University Challenge! And I can proudly say any question that doesn't involve maths I usually get right. I am also very good with the picture and music rounds (bar classical music) and if I don't know the answer I just say Bob or Elephant...you'd be surprised how many times those are the answers!
byakugan_neji
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm surprised at how they know all these weird things as well. When it comes to the 'normal' type questions though, I could beat them.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well as long as you dont go back into depressed everybody hates me Helen mode thats cool
Nah, that's not worth it at the moment. I'll save that for some future occasion when things are pissing me off. I know what I have to do about it all, it's just finding a way to do it. And I'm not depressed

Is Mike Catt the one with the big nose? I can't remember.

Dani - I'm impressed that you know all the answers - I never do, although I can usually get some. My universal guess is "cat" which is also right quite often.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm sad I'm 7 points off of losing a gem...not even my knowledge of University challenge questions can save me now *cries*
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Its when it gets to the literature type of questions which totally schtums me, I mean I haven't got a frucking clue. Everytime they mention something to do with the romans I say Caesar or Hadrian. Its just total guess work most the time. I think the most I've ever got right are about 10 questions. I can't believe Sheffield made it to the semi finals last year as well!

Adam
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Dani - I'm impressed that you know all the answers - I never do, although I can usually get some. My universal guess is "cat" which is also right quite often.

Although my grades are crap I'm full of completley useless knowledge...I can't think of an example right now but you give me a subject and I could probably tell you something. Like Sigmund Freud was a coke head
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nah, that's not worth it at the moment. I'll save that for some future occasion when things are pissing me off. I know what I have to do about it all, it's just finding a way to do it. And I'm not depressed

Is Mike Catt the one with the big nose? I can't remember.

What do you mean, you dont know what to do about it all?

He has quite a honker yes.

I always put down the anser 100 in maths exams if I didnt have a clue. I actually got a question right in a mock GCSE as well Unfortunatly I only got one mark due to lack of working
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My friend got a B in an RE exam for writing GOD IS LOVE for every question and then making his question paper (not his answer one) into a lot of roaches. Was V impressed then i got an A and wrote loads so I was a bit annoyed
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I'm sad I'm 7 points off of losing a gem...not even my knowledge of University challenge questions can save me now *cries*
I would give you some rep to keep your 4 gems safe, but unfortunately for some reason I can't. It's probably something to do with the popup blocker, but I've tried disabling it and it still doesn't work, so I'm not sure.

What do you mean, you dont know what to do about it all?
Meh, too complicated to explain now; I know what I need to sort out about myself before I ever stand a chance at achieving what I want, but it's gonna take a while.

The answer in Maths is always 3. Or failing that, 42
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%