The Student Room Group

Advice from current pharmacy students on EPQ topic to prepare me for pharmacy?

I am wanting to study Pharmacy at university next year, so I was planning on doing an EPQ to give me an idea of what i'd be learning and what would prepare me for the modules in the degree?.

So would any current Pharmacy students give me advice on the topics I have in mind and which one is most relevant to a pharmacy course and prepare me the best:
POM drugs and abuse,
chemotherapy for pregnant women,
smoking and alcohol and the effects on a fetus,
or finally, should all B and C category drugs (in terms of effects during pregnancy) be reclassified as category X?

Please help, I need my form handed in by Friday :frown:
Reply 1
may be considering a topic on psychiatric drugs during pregnancy now.
help :frown:
Original post by hd37
I am wanting to study Pharmacy at university next year, so I was planning on doing an EPQ to give me an idea of what i'd be learning and what would prepare me for the modules in the degree?.

So would any current Pharmacy students give me advice on the topics I have in mind and which one is most relevant to a pharmacy course and prepare me the best:
POM drugs and abuse,
chemotherapy for pregnant women,
smoking and alcohol and the effects on a fetus,
or finally, should all B and C category drugs (in terms of effects during pregnancy) be reclassified as category X?

Please help, I need my form handed in by Friday :frown:

I did Therapy of antibiotic persistence and resistance, it was very interesting subject.
Reply 3
I didn't do an EPQ so don't know much about them so am looking purely from a relevance/usefulness perspective.

Original post by propagation
I did Therapy of antibiotic persistence and resistance, it was very interesting subject.

Really interesting topic, worth considering?
Or abuse of POM drugs would also be interesting, why just POM though? Plenty to write about regarding abuse of P meds, I'm thinking codeine, pseudoephedrine, perhaps nytol?
Good luck with your decision :smile:
Reply 4
What topic did you go for in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending