Turn on thread page Beta

oxbridge accomodation from heaven/hell watch

ReputationRep:
    I think, but an not sure, that most merton first years are in the converted houses opposite Merton on Merton Street. However foreign studetns tend to be placed, at all colleges, in accomodation which isn't used for conferences, interviews etc so you don't have to move all your stuff out at christmas and easter. Someone from Merton will probably come online and tell me I'm completely wrong now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munch)
    I am very excited about going to Merton next year but i cant find a single pic of the accomodation.

I applied as an international student from Houston Texas so i hope that works in my favor when allocating rooms, or however they do it, considering my home is 5000 miles away!!!

ANyone any ideas about Merton accomodation???
    The Merton JCR has a room database online. You might wanna have a look:

http://www2.merton.ox.ac.uk/jcr/

Too bad Magdalen's room database can only be accessed from within the college.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Magdalen first years are often put in accomodation above the booze shop on the other side of Magdalen bridge.

ReputationRep:
    Thnaks Chill, i dont know how i woud have missed that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I seriously dislike that name Orlando. It just hasnt got any class at all, its a total chav name
    Actually it's long been rather a popular name among posh arty types, inspired variously by 17th c. composer Orlando Gibbons, 'Orlando' in Shakespeare's As You Like It, and Virginia Woolf's eponymous novel of 1928. Did you assume it derived from the Florida theme park location? Chav, pot, kettle ...

ReputationRep:
    Well the name Joey isn't particularly 'classy' IMHO. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the accomodation is like at Trinity College Cambridge? There are only a few pics on the website and they don't really give you that much of an idea since they are mainly the en-suite rooms. I hope my rooms that big though!

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.