The Student Room Group

Best way for organisation?

Hi!

I hopefully will be a 2013 fresher, and was wondering what is the best method of organising work in terms of recording it? So far I have been recommended a Filofax and Palgrave planner.

Any recommendations?
Most people find they need a day-to-day diary of some sort that they can drag round with them - either on a phone etc or a physical diary to write in. A flofax is fine but personally I find it too small - there isnt any space to write anything in enough detail, and they are also heavier than conventional academic diaries. I prefer an A5 size diary that I can also tuck folded A4 sheets into - book lists, lecture handouts etc. But its a personal thing - if you are used to a filofax, stick with it. Go and look at the range of Academic (July to July) Diaries etc in Rymans or similar, and think about what might work best for you.

Some people also like to have a wall planner or wall calender - but that means that you have to remember to update this against the other diary on a very regular basis, otherwise you end up missing/forgetting stuff!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by EloiseStar
Hi!

I hopefully will be a 2013 fresher, and was wondering what is the best method of organising work in terms of recording it? So far I have been recommended a Filofax and Palgrave planner.

Any recommendations?

It's personal to you. Some people cover their rooms in post it notes. Some people have a Filofax or paper diary. I put everything in my phone calendar.
Reply 3
I used an academic diary obsessively for the first semester, but for the rest of the year ended up just writing everything in a sketchbook so I'd actually see it.

My notes from lectures are pretty unorganised at the moment :/ I've found writing in a notebook instead of individual sheets far easier/more organised, that way I can't lose a weeks worth of lectures notes. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest