1 or 2 tailed? Watch

This discussion is closed.
alio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
is this hypothesis 1 tailed r 2 tailed. cud some1 plz tell me coz im doing psychology coursework and cant work out whether its directional r not.

' the younger the age group the more physical statements will be given whereas the older the age group the more psychological the statements given will be.

thanxs. its just that i originally put 1 tailed but my degrees of freedom are 2 and apparantly these dont match.
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, that's actually 2 one-tailed hypotheses you have included.

It's really easy:

- one-tailed hypotheses specify a certain direction. Eg. reading more books will improve children's reading abilities.

- two-tailed hypotheses don't specify and that it could go either way. Eg. reading more books will affect children's reading abilities.
alio
Rep:
?
(Original post by byakugan_neji)
Well, that's actually 2 one-tailed hypotheses you have included.

It's really easy:

- one-tailed hypotheses specify a certain direction. Eg. reading more books will improve children's reading abilities.

- two-tailed hypotheses don't specify and that it could go either way. Eg. reading more books will affect children's reading abilities.
thanks is my hypothesis ok though?
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
thanks is my hypothesis ok though?
Well, I think you're being too specific and people may assume that you are certain that it will go that way. It's like saying 'the faster the car, the quicker it takes to get there whereas the slower the car, the longer it takes to get there'. So basically, you are just repeating yourself.
alio
Rep:
?
(Original post by byakugan_neji)
Well, I think you're being too specific and people may assume that you are certain that it will go that way. It's like saying 'the faster the car, the quicker it takes to get there whereas the slower the car, the longer it takes to get there'. So basically, you are just repeating yourself.
ok thanks for ya help
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (98)
18.96%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.64%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.64%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise