The Student Room Group

which subjects of access to HE??

Hello:smile: I want do Computer science with mathematic joint honorees on University. I am applying to Access to HE (computer science and engineering) on City College of Bristol. I need to choose three subjects from the list of four: physics, computer science, higher mathematic (pure) and higher mathematic (engineering). Could you suggest me which one?? Thank you
Original post by MatureIsGood:))
Hello:smile: I want do Computer science with mathematic joint honorees on University. I am applying to Access to HE (computer science and engineering) on City College of Bristol. I need to choose three subjects from the list of four: physics, computer science, higher mathematic (pure) and higher mathematic (engineering). Could you suggest me which one?? Thank you

I think you'd be better asking your prospective uni's. For example, If you wanted to do a law degree, most people think you need to do Access to law, This is not true. So i'd recommend asking each uni individually.
Reply 2

I just finished my Access course at COBC and going on to study Computer forensics, i chose to study computing, higher maths (pure) and statistics.
Original post by Wurzel
I just finished my Access course at COBC and going on to study Computer forensics, i chose to study computing, higher maths (pure) and statistics.

Could you tell me how advance level of programming is on A level. I want go on computer science to learn about it, and to gain these skills, Of course, I use database, or spreadsheet in my work but html or programming is still a new thing. Don't you need physic if you want to do computer science with mathematic?
Reply 4
Could you tell me how advance level of programming is on A level. I want go on computer science to learn about it, and to gain these skills, Of course, I use database, or spreadsheet in my work but html or programming is still a new thing. Don't you need physic if you want to do computer science with mathematic?

Probably best to speak to universities and ask what subjects they recommend to do. I did 5 units in computing, one of them was html and css where you are asked to build your own website, and the very last unit is programming where you build a couple of applications using Java Script, so you get a good knowledge before uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending