I know it is still early but I figured why not get the ball rolling?:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any firms opened applications?
Reply 2
Original post by Mutt
Any firms opened applications?

It kicks off on the 1st of August. I heard some of the big4 have opened though. Will you be applying to them also?
FYI if you are applying for Big 4, apply as soon as they open. It's rolling recruitment and they fill most of their spots by September. BarCap also interview and recruit early (mostly full by November) so apply as soon as they open.

Good luck guys.
Reply 4
I wonder how strongly they consider you for a summer internship if you've done already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by haart
I wonder how strongly they consider you for a summer internship if you've done already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no experience of that but I'd say one would definitely be called up for an interview. They'd probably want to know whether you received an offer? Why you didn't accept? Why you didn't quite make the cut? etc Something along those lines i'm guessing..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey guys. Just wondering do all the banks look for the same thing or could it be you are more likely to be selected by one bank over another?
Reply 7
Original post by phill mike hunt
Hey guys. Just wondering do all the banks look for the same thing or could it be you are more likely to be selected by one bank over another?

Oh yes definately. I have friends who received offers from top banks and in the same cycle didn't get offers from others. The process does involve quite a bit of luck. May I ask what area you're interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by user1111
Oh yes definately. I have friends who received offers from top banks and in the same cycle didn't get offers from others. The process does involve quite a bit of luck. May I ask what area you're interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am interested in the investment banking department. what about you mate?
Reply 9
I am interested in the investment banking department. what about you mate?

S&T (trading)
S&T (trading)

Cool. Did it do any spring weeks. How do you think your chances are?
When do you recommend applying by?
Reply 12
Sorry guys....when do apps open for the BB's? Also is the opening date the same for all offices? eg. Asia/NYC etc..?
Reply 13
Original post by SW1X
Sorry guys....when do apps open for the BB's? Also is the opening date the same for all offices? eg. Asia/NYC etc..?

I believe Barclays and RBS (i know it's not a BB) at the beginning of August. The rest open around the beginning of September. Last year, people were going to ACs in September for Barclays so we should try to get our applications in early. Sorry, not sure about other locations.
Reply 14
Cool. Did it do any spring weeks. How do you think your chances are?

No spring weeks. I reckon if my cv falls in the right hands I should hopefully get a call. Then i don't know take it from there lol. Wbu?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
When do you recommend applying by?

I think as soon as they open. Then attend campus events if applicable etc to get your name out there whilst they're processing your application.
Reply 16
Original post by SW1X

Will you be applying places other than London?
No spring weeks. I reckon if my cv falls in the right hands I should hopefully get a call. Then i don't know take it from there lol. Wbu?

I didnt do any spring weeks. totally messed up my application but came close. i reckon iv got good chances for the internship (hopefully)
So when do most of the banks open their applications? Early August?

Let's go.
Reply 19
Original post by Mousebudden
So when do most of the banks open their applications? Early August?

Let's go.

A few in early August. Then the bulk late Aug/early Sept based on last year. Yes, should be interesting. Design project next year so will be hectic if I do get somewhere in the process.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply